KC8USA - Frederick

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
KC8USA

KC8USA - Frederick

Post by KC8USA » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi,
This is Frederick, from the Northern part of lower Michigan.
Retired after 47 yrs of nonstop working with 37 yrs in R&D.
I have several radio's and different test equipment and love to experiment.
Good friend's with TY Weaver as many may know and I believe he has some minor contributions to this project.
Thought I would give this a try, I had the same problem as most with the screen freeze.
After reading most of the posts, the most logical appears to be an MMDVM host handling issue with PI-STAR Adjustments.
I changed the MMDVM setting's that SQ7PTE (Mark) made and everything has been stable since with great performance.
These changes are my longest durability run by far with no issues at all.
My suggestion is to take heed and try these.
Thanks Roger for all your generous time & contribution's.
Happy & safe Holiday's to all.
Frederick - KC8USA :)

VK3KYY

Re: KC8USA - Frederick

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Welcome.

I think the problem is possibly a DMR 4FSK deviation bug that we already have a fix for, but I have been too busy this week to release the version.

I will double check, but check the development updates section later today or tomorrow after I have had time to combine the latest updates, as it should improve things

KC8USA

Post by KC8USA » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi Roger,
Ok, well I just had a situation about 10 minutes ago. The dash did not freeze, but it stopped receiving, had to key up to engage the hotspot again. It went almost 6 hrs with no problems, which is a record. I have 10 zones/hotspots and caught it by monitoring one of my Zumspot zones. I listen to the TGIF server and TG31665 which is very busy on the GD-77 in the Open Hotspot mode. Thanks for the feedback.

KC8USA

Post by KC8USA » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:13 pm

Roger,
Just for your info, Our net on TGIF 31665 is on tonight at 8:30 PM eastern time if you want to listen or do any testing. We always have at least 100 check in's and is very busy.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:38 am

Hi Frederick

Thanks

I think I may be out at that time today, but I'll try to add it to my diary for another week.