Open GD77 as a hotspot with BlueDV Windows 10

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
g8ghug0faj

Open GD77 as a hotspot with BlueDV Windows 10

Post by g8ghug0faj » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:55 pm

Hi Guys and gals....I am a bit of a Newbie when it comes to programming. I have been licenced since 1972 in the UK only. I have 2 x GD77s that I have programmed with the Open GD77 firmware and code plugs and both are working well as FM and DMR transceivers. I wanted to try using them with the Blue DV software for windows 10. I have ( I think ) followed the instructions . I can see the BlueDV display change colour to green when I tx on the second rig and the first rig says HOTSPOT on it but I cannot get any reply from BlueDV even when on the Parrot. I have yet to see the BlueDV display go red and I have heard nothing from the set up...I have probably missed something simple but I dont know what. Can anyone give me some simple instructions as to where I am going wrong please ?? 73 de Les G0FAJ

DU2XXR

Re: Open GD77 as a hotspot with BlueDV Windows 10

Post by DU2XXR » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:59 pm

I guess you'll need to confirm if BlueDV has properly connected to BM server. If connecting to a US server, you'll need to have hotspot security turned on and your password inputted on BlueDV.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:07 pm

Check the status of BM in the UK, because I know that Brandmeister revoked the UK server licence in November.

AFIK, the UK guys have now switched to a different network entirely, but I don't know how many of the UK repeaters this affects

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:43 am

g8ghug0faj wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:55 pm
Hi Guys and gals....I am a bit of a Newbie when it comes to programming. I have been licenced since 1972 in the UK only. I have 2 x GD77s that I have programmed with the Open GD77 firmware and code plugs and both are working well as FM and DMR transceivers. I wanted to try using them with the Blue DV software for windows 10. I have ( I think ) followed the instructions . I can see the BlueDV display change colour to green when I tx on the second rig and the first rig says HOTSPOT on it but I cannot get any reply from BlueDV even when on the Parrot. I have yet to see the BlueDV display go red and I have heard nothing from the set up...I have probably missed something simple but I dont know what. Can anyone give me some simple instructions as to where I am going wrong please ?? 73 de Les G0FAJ
You username is now G0FAJ