Hi from NY

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
K2JMP

Hi from NY

Post by K2JMP » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:28 pm

Hello from NY! I've had a GD77 for a little while now, and have been following Roger in his adventures reworking the CPS, and dissecting the hardware. Currently running opengd77 to use as a hotspot, with so far excellent results in combination with an Android tablet+BlueDV+TCPUART.

I'm a compulsive collector of HT's, favoring commercial units and digital modes. Currently the scales are tipped rather hard toward P25, with 7 EFJ 5100's. Next up is analog, with Tait, Alinco, Vertex and my old Baofeng UV-82C. In the DMR corner are my GD77, and a newcomer, a Hytera PD362. Tetra, DStar and Fusion are as yet unrepresented, but that could change randomly subject to hobby cash flow, ebay listings, and moon phase. There are no digital repeaters anywhere near me that I'm aware of, so hotspots are my only option. Currently my hotspot roster consists of my GD77, and a "megaspot", a STM32DVM pi-hat driving a Tait TM8105 VHF transceiver (which I really need to replace with a dual-band unit, as ALL of my P25 radios are UHF as is my other DMR radio).

Anyway, enough of that. Looking forward to the ongoing saga of the opengd77!