Getting started on TYT MD-UV390 10W

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
w6rpa

Getting started on TYT MD-UV390 10W

Post by w6rpa » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm

Just received my TYT MD-UV390 PLUS 10W and reading up on installing OpenGD77. Have some questions:

1. Where can I find the official firmware so I can save it as a backup in case I want to restore it? I am having a hard time tracking this down. It appears the version installed on the radio is D119.029. The links in the Installation Information post are not active or do not contain the firmware (unless I am missing something... which is very possible.)

2. The installation instruction say to backup the Flash Memory. How do I do that? The Installation Information post did not go into detail.

I have been using DMR for some time now but have only minimal experience updating firmware. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A big Thanks to the developers for your efforts on OpenGD77! I also developed software (not firmware) and know how much work goes into it. I am very excited about using this firmware.

F1RMB

Re: Getting started on TYT MD-UV390 10W

Post by F1RMB » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 pm

Hi,
w6rpa wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm
Just received my TYT MD-UV390 PLUS 10W and reading up on installing OpenGD77. Have some questions:

1. Where can I find the official firmware so I can save it as a backup in case I want to restore it? I am having a hard time tracking this down. It appears the version installed on the radio is D119.029. The links in the Installation Information post are not active or do not contain the firmware (unless I am missing something... which is very possible.)
On this one, I can't help you.

w6rpa wrote:
2. The installation instruction say to backup the Flash Memory. How do I do that? The Installation Information post did not go into detail.
You need to make backups (Flash/MCU/Calibration/etc) once the OpenGD77 is installed (that's the first thing to do right after the first firmware flash.

w6rpa wrote:
I have been using DMR for some time now but have only minimal experience updating firmware. Any help is greatly appreciated.
You have the User Guide here: https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... r_Guide.md

Cheers.
---
Daniel

w6rpa

Re: Getting started on TYT MD-UV390 10W

Post by w6rpa » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:19 pm

Thanks for the info.