New Member - W1RHS

New users must post here first and let us know a little bit about yourself.
W1RHS

New Member - W1RHS

Post by W1RHS » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:19 am

Hello. I am Rick, W1RHS. I am in the Northeast US. Licensed since 1969 with an Advanced Class license. I built and operated several VHF and UHF repeater analog systems throughout central Connecticut US in the 1970s through the 1990s. I was one of the 6 Meter repeater pioneers in Connecticut with WR1AIB on the air in 1978. I developed custom repeater control logic that evolved into a personally designed microprocessor based controller. I wrote the microprocessor software myself which consisted of 170 pages of Z80 assembly language instructions. Am a retired IT professional having held positions with Oracle, Sun Microsystems and Eastman Kodak.

I am relatively new to DMR (2 years) but I have been on NXDN for some time. I and Evans Mitchel, KD4EFM, established the first NXDN internet link between two NXDN repeaters, K1IFF/R in Connecticut and N4KEG/R in Florida back in 2012. This was before NXCore and NXRef and was a direct link between the two repeater routers over VPN. My first DMR radio was the GD-77

I have been working with Roger as a tester since the beginning of 2019 helping with testing his firmware improvements to the GD-77 even before OpenGD77 was conceived.

VK3KYY

Re: New Member - W1RHS

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:30 pm

Rick

I will add you to the testers group ( not that it makes any difference at the moment)