Screen goes half black on FM screen when left or right arrow clicked

W2bz

Screen goes half black on FM screen when left or right arrow clicked

Post by W2bz » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:54 am

When I'm in FM mode with screen showing Ra and Ta, plus their frequencies and I hit either left or right arrow keys, the bottom half of the screen goes black. To get it back I have to push the up arrow key. The word "squelch" appears above the black bottom half of the screen.

BY THE WAY....THIS IS FAR AND AWAY THE BEST "HACK" I'VE SEEN IN MY 61 YEARS AS A HAM. THANKS.

VK3KYY

Re: Screen goes half black on FM screen when left or right arrow clicked

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:52 am

W2bz wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:54 am
When I'm in FM mode with screen showing Ra and Ta, plus their frequencies and I hit either left or right arrow keys, the bottom half of the screen goes black. To get it back I have to push the up arrow key. The word "squelch" appears above the black bottom half of the screen.

BY THE WAY....THIS IS FAR AND AWAY THE BEST "HACK" I'VE SEEN IN MY 61 YEARS AS A HAM. THANKS.
Are you saying that in VFO mode when you change the squelch level, part of the screen goes black.

What version of firmware are you using. See the firmware info screen.

I suspect you have a problem with the display in your radio, as there are several thousand people using this firmware, and you are the only person who has this problem.