TG and ID issue with Repeater

DL4LEX

Re: TG and ID issue with Repeater

Post by DL4LEX » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:58 pm

KU4ZD wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:49 pm
But there is no TA info on DMR+ repeaters is there?
The voice is transmitted in frames of 30ms with embedded data and sync. This embedded data can be the TA but it is also defined for repeating source and destination ID's.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:03 pm

It depends on the repeater admin whether TA is enabled, and some repeater hardware do not support TA.

I think most admins disable TA, as it causes problems with older Motorola HTs, as they have problems with TA data

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Ol thank you, I know none of the repeaters here have TA turned on

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:15 pm

Here is a test release.

I've merged the DMR changes from Alex, and it also includes a few other minor changes and an update to the Polish language.
Attachments

[The extension sgl has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:17 pm

I just grabbed this release Roger. Going to install it and give it a run. I'll post shortly with a report on how it runs here. Thanks and 73, Rob W1AEX

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:36 pm

BTW. I double checked and DMR code optimisation is definitely set to -o0 which means its turned off

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:46 pm

Thank you

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:46 pm

Alex and Roger,

After running the firmware for a little over an hour I can report that it always displayed the correct TG on both TS1 and TS2 while scanning 6 different DMR repeaters. Also, clicking on the blue side key snapped me right to the active TG appropriately when I stopped the scan.

At one point, a local net started up and the call sign and name of the net control station showed up fine along with the correct TG being displayed. Oddly, none of the 6 stations that joined the net displayed anything other than their DMR-ID. I used the DMR-ID utility in the OpenGD77 CPS to do a selective filtering for the DMR-ID of each station and found that three of them apparently had been inactive for between 1783 days to 220 days, which fell outside the boundary of my 60 day activity filter that I set when I installed my DMR-ID contact list. Oddly, three others could not be found in the Ham Digital database, even with an inactivity filter allowing 2000 days of inactivity, but they do appear in the searchable RadioID online database. So... I can't fault the code in the GD77 for that, but I wonder if the database at HamDigital is up-to-date?

While the GD77 was scanning the 6 DMR repeaters it did crash twice and rebooted itself both times. The first crash occurred about 10 minutes after the firmware was flashed and the second at about the 2 hour mark.

I'll keep running it this evening to see how it goes. To be honest, the big thing for me was the correct determination of the TG so this firmware is a major step forward for my uses. Thanks again Alex and Roger for investigating this and resolving the biggest issue. 73, Rob W1AEX
Last edited by W1AEX on Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:09 am

I have been testing and it does seem to be running fine. I did see the 9999999 ID again. Not sure where that comes from but all else seems to be fine. I will keep testing. I did also run it on my hot spot with the Brandmeister network and seems to be fine there also. Thank you again

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:13 am

W1AEX wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:46 pm
. So... I can't fault the code in the GD77 for that, but I wonder if the database at HamDigital is up-to-date?
Hamdigital may be having some problems

I noticed another thread on the forum saying PiStar was not displaying callsigns correctly either.

For VK, I've had to stop using Hamdigital, because currently with the Foundation classes now able to use digital modes, some VK callsigns have 4 letters, and HamDigital does not seem to be able to handle these.

Hence why I added the import from the radioid.net users.csv

But unfortunately that's not much use in the USA as there are too many IDs to fit in the memory.