TG and ID issue with Repeater

SQ7PTE

Re: TG and ID issue with Repeater

Post by SQ7PTE » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:38 pm

... and a YT5HOK colleague entertains a pirate and claims that this is not the topic. HI, Hi ...

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:00 pm

It is the right topic, just hope we can fine the cause. I notice in the first release of tier 2 there was mention of this as a bug but it seems it went away for most users. I think there are specific types of repeaters, and conditions that are still causing it that have to be identified to correct it.

YT5HOK

Post by YT5HOK » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Maybe I'm illiterate and can't read properly, as I'm one eyed anonymous pirate, but I understand that you KU4ZD have problem with GD77 being in TRX mode and displaying TG0/ID0 when listening to repeater, while you SQ7PTE have problem with GD77 being in hotspot mode and displaying TG0, no?

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:12 pm

I am seeing the tg0 and id0 problem while in RX mode on the repeaters on ts1
Last edited by KU4ZD on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YT5HOK

Post by YT5HOK » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks mate. I got it right. Nothing to do with my bug testing and I guess nothing to do with his, as he mentioned GD77 being in HS mode.

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:42 pm

The problem happens in the receive mode, it seems, when you are receiving in a channel, in hot spot and even the VFO
It doesn't seem to be related to just the hot spot nor the normal operating mode but both.
I have tested it with channels (4 of them) on the same type of repeaters on the same network and have the same issue
I have also tested it on the same repeaters using the VFO set up for the repeaters with the same issue resulting.
and now it looks like it is showing up in some cases on the hot spot mode so it seems it is not related to the mode being used
but in the way the firmware is decoding the information in some cases (not all)

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:52 pm

IMG_20191129_093711_resize_42.jpg
IMG_20191129_093711_resize_42.jpg (193.76 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
The repeater will show the correct tg and I'd on tg2 but not on tg1. TG2 is just very local traffic and used very little on the repeaters.

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:18 pm

Just a update, anyone have any ideas?

Today, as an experiment, I took the last full code plug for the factory firmware I had built. I went though it and cleaned it up, checked everything. I made sure all the digital repeaters (each having separate channels for each talk group on each repeater and each talk group on the Hot Spot) had Rx Group List data in them. I then exported the channel file and went though it checking for any errors, correcting anything thing I could find. I then exported my Digital Contact list from the code plug, cleaned it up. I checked my Zones.

I then did a factory reset on the radio, I then reloaded the latest factory firmware, then downloaded a fresh ID Data Base and imported it into the radio. I reloaded the cleaned-up code plug into the radio.

I then tested the code plug on the local repeaters and the proper talk groups and DMR ID’s came up (calls or DMR ID depending if they were in my Data Base) as they should for both TS 2 and 1 of the local repeaters. I then switched over to my hot spot and tested, again the proper talk groups and calls were displayed.

I then loaded the latest (last nights) Open GD-77 firmware onto the radio and tested with the same code plug on the local repeaters. The same issue that I have been having still occurred. The proper talk groups and DMR ID’s came up on the repeater talk group 1 and in the hot spot but TG0 will only show up on TS1 (unless there is information in last heard then that will show up when a station comes up on TS1 and NOT the proper station that comes up).

I changed nothing other than the firmware on this test, I reloaded nothing other than the firmware on this test. I keep trying to find the issue that is causing this problem as it makes the use of the repeater difficult when you can not see what talk group is active or who the station is that active. I have known the factory firmware was working but I wanted to try to minimize as many factors as I could to see if I could eliminate as much as possible to provide information to help solve this. I know the issue was happening with the first release of the firmware but a partial fix was made. Some people are still seeing it in some situations. There has to be some common issue that can be found that is causing it?

In my case it happens on both of my radios, both using channels from the CPS and VFO channels. It only seems to happen on TS one. The repeaters are MotoTRBO on the DMR MARC network. I do not have any Brandmeister Repeaters close to check but I have checked both Brandmester and TGIF networks on my Hot Spot and have not had the issue with the hot spot. I have tried anything and everything I can think of with the radios and the code plugs. I have put a code plug together with a number of local commercial DMR repeaters in it and I can receive them all fine, showing the TG and ID no matter what TS they are on.

KU4ZD

Post by KU4ZD » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:39 pm

I downloaded a full DRM+ only talk group data base and also updated a new DMR ID data base
and rebuilt my code plug just to see if this would help. No change, still having the TG0 and ID0
issue on TS1 of the local repeaters. Using the latest firmware update from last night

Just wanted to updated on the latest efforts to try to find the cause of this

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:49 pm

Thanks mic.

I am sorry , but at the moment I have no idea what’s causing this