Radio locked with the latest firmware

W1AEX

Re: Radio locked with the latest firmware

Post by W1AEX » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:38 am

Roger,

The keypad lockup doesn't occur again once the radio has been running for a few seconds. If I power up and the keyboard is locked up, I can shut it right down and restart and it comes up fine every time. So... that takes around 15 seconds to come awake and work properly. It seems like the radio has to be shut down for an hour or two before the keypad lockup symptom occurs again. To be honest, with my GD77 the problem is not very serious. John - N1ID mentioned to me that his two GD77's sometimes require multiple restarts before either will power up fully functional. It looks like the severity varies from unit to unit.

John and I were curious if the audible CW generated at startup might affect the timing in the radio slightly during a cold startup, and possibly be a contributing factor to creating the keyboard lockup? Just a random thought from a couple of non-programmer users :?

73, Rob W1AEX

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:40 am

Rob

I could disable the CW, but I doubt its the problem

I've loaded your codeplug into one of my radios, and I'll check it in about 4 hours

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 am

Thanks again for looking into the keypad lockup issue Roger. Again, this is not a big issue for me. I look at it as my GD77 running OpenGD77 firmware is like a high performance Ferrari that's a little cranky sometimes at startup. I can live with it! I should also mention that the GD77 transmits and receives fine when the keypad has frozen at startup, which I suppose does indicate the issue is isolated to the code that controls the keypad.

I am heading out to clear away some snow and then will call it a night!

Rob W1AEX

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:55 am

Hi Rob

OK.

I'll mention to Alex that the PTT works but the keypad doesn't.

IU4LEG

Post by IU4LEG » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 am

IU4LEG wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:11 am
I would like to point out that after installing the latest firmware published on github my gd77 remains locked and no keys work. I also tried the version with language implementation but it also crashes with it.
I downgraded by installing the stable version and everything is back to normal.

73 de IU4LEG
Update:

now I have installed the OpenGD77_201912011952.sgl version and it seems that there is no longer the problem of the keyboard lock. I keep it under test.

Question: How to change Language? i cant' find the function in the menu

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:21 am

There is a later version I posted to the scanning topic.

There is a menu for "Language" and Italian is already included, but see my post to the languages section , because some italian texts are still far too long and won't fit in the screen, especially the "Options" e.g. Band Limits , and may even cause crash in the firmware as the text are overflowing so much.

IU4LEG

Post by IU4LEG » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:27 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:21 am
There is a later version I posted to the scanning topic.

There is a menu for "Language" and Italian is already included, but see my post to the languages section , because some italian texts are still far too long and won't fit in the screen, especially the "Options" e.g. Band Limits , and may even cause crash in the firmware as the text are overflowing so much.
ok, try looking at the last post I made in the languages section. I corrected the text adapting it to the new template. let me know if it is okay please

DL4LEX

Post by DL4LEX » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:48 am

I'm trying to fix the boot up keypad lock issue.
As it's not happening with my GD-77 this is a bit difficult.
So I build this special version of OpenGD77 to help debugging. It would help, if someone with the issue installs this.

If the boot up keypad lock happens pressing the black side key should open an extra screen with some values.
Please post these values here.
You can leave the screen with the blue side key afterwards.

There might be other things broken in this build. So to use the OpenGD77 switch back to one of the other versions.

This could help me to locate the issue.

Thanks, Alex
Attachments

[The extension sgl has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

n1id

Post by n1id » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:33 pm

I put the new software in, and so far I have NOT been able to get it to lockup like it did with the old one. A repeatable lockup by just turning it on and off. So I have 2 gd77s and will let one stay off and see if it comes back at all

DL4LEX

Post by DL4LEX » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:57 pm

Ok, thanks.

There is one little extra change in the source code. But that should not make a difference.

Let's wait for some more feedback.