Simultaneous transmission on both time slots.

m1dyp

Re: Simultaneous transmission on both time slots.

Post by m1dyp » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:51 am

IZ2EIB wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:30 pm

The transmission takes place on the correct time slot, but I can not listen to myself on the other GD-77 I have here on which is running the factory firmware from Radioddity.
In addition, the traffic that I clearly listen on the GD-77 where is running this experimental Open firmware with the GD-77 running the stock firmware from Radioddity I do not listen it even if the TG is the sameone, with this latter GD-77 I must enable the promiscuos mode in order to be able to listen to it.
In order to check this I invoked the TG91 from the GD-77 with the experimental Open firmware while listening to the same TG91 with the other GD-77 where is running the stock firmware from Radioddity and I saw that with the GD-77 with Open firmware I could listen to the ongoing QSO, but with the GD-77 with the factory firmware from Radioddity I could not listen to it, to do it I had to enable the promiscuos mode.
TG and time slot were the same for both GD-77s, either because I saw it on the BrandMesister dashboard, and because in the end I disconnected the TG91 invoking the TG4000 from the GD-77 with the factory firmware from Radioddity and the communication has stopped as it was logical to expect.
Another thing that I noticed is that instead by transmitting via repeater with the GD-77 where the factory firmware from Radioddity runs, the other GD-77 where the experimental Open firmware is running is able to listen to the communication, as opposed to what happens with inverted parts as I have just described here above, because in that scenario I had to enable promiscuous mode (but in the Open firmware the promiscuos mode is always enabled...).

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB
hi, if i had read this correctly

does this show a fault with gd77 factory firmware from Radioddity, if you have to enable promiscuous mode ?

or am i totally wrong and just making thing worse :mrgreen: