TYT MD-UV380 DMR Rx Missing

YO2AP

Re: TYT MD-UV380 DMR Rx Missing

Post by YO2AP » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:48 pm

SP1KC wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:11 pm
It's sporadic for me too. Regularity is difficult to determine. Sometimes there is one Rx per hour, but sometimes it can lose two more at once.
I'm using eco level 0, but every level has the same missing Rx.
The radio can also sometimes decode noise as in the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19C3Bw7 ... sp=sharing
73, Kris SP1KC
Hello Kris, I confirm the same behavior on my side after I saw your video. Same settings, personal mmdvm in duplex mode, manual configuration of TS filters on OFF, and briefly switching channels and returning makes the audio to come back ok. Because i lose lots of communication when I am in in a qso, I sometimes cannot hear if a topic is addressed to me or not, so for now I came back on the original FW from TYT 390. Awaiting a bugfix. Respect for the developers, their work is massively appreciated. Best regards, PA2AP, Giani

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:07 am

YO2AP wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:48 pm
Hello Kris, I confirm the same behavior on my side after I saw your video. Same settings, personal mmdvm in duplex mode, manual configuration of TS filters on OFF, and briefly switching channels and returning makes the audio to come back ok. Because i lose lots of communication when I am in in a qso, I sometimes cannot hear if a topic is addressed to me or not, so for now I came back on the original FW from TYT 390. Awaiting a bugfix. Respect for the developers, their work is massively appreciated. Best regards, PA2AP, Giani
Its almost impossible to fix a problem which does not occur for any of the developers.

Possibly some other calibration setting which the official firmware is applying to the hardware, which is only applied to some radios, i.e. We send a lot of unknown data to the DMR chip and also to the RF chip.

There are many undocumented parts of both the DMR and RF chip, so possibly the data that we recoded on our radios, is not correct for your radio.

The only way to confirm this would be for you to dissassemble your radio and solder wires inside and then capture all the traffic to both the DMR chip and also the RF chip, but this is very difficult and would potentially damage your radio.

I almost destroyed my MD2017 when solding wires to the CPU / MCU chip to capture the data to the RF chip, becuase I shorted multiple pins
Luckily I saw the short before applying power to the radio and was able to remove the solder using brade wick.

Others have not been so lucky, at least one person may have destroyed their radio by shorting the internal electronics while trying to attach a GPS.
I still don't know whether they managed to fix that radio

YO2AP

Post by YO2AP » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:43 pm

Thank you for the reply, highly appreciated.
This missing audio occurs quite frequent, once an hour or so, and this is the second transceiver I use, the MDUV390, but the previous one, an RT3S GPS behaved identical. That was the reason to sell it. A while I stayed with an Alinco MD5 (older brother of the new Anytone) but I really missed the features developed by you guys, satellite with doppler, audio leveling, large memory to store all the users to date etc. That''s why I have the MD390 today again :) Maybe the MD9600 codec being imported is not the same, or something is happening at the beginning at the reception and not everything initialises properly, who knows... I agree, hardware logging in real time can be a hassle, but I had to change back to the original FW just because people in traffic told me ... "well, we asked you something 30 minutes ago and you disappeared... " :) It looked rude i did not responded, but this was a complete miss. Thanks for the reply, looking forward for the news on this topic.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:17 am

The codec is the same in all the radios, from the single band MD380 onwards. (Note we don't support the MD380 because it uses an older version of DMR chip)

The reason we were able to use the codec is only becasue Travis Goodspeed found and analysed the codec in the MD380, and we were able to use his analysis to find the location of the codec in the other radios.

It is too complicated for us to use the codec from each individual radio, because when the location of the codec changes in the official file, it requires changes to both the CPS and the firmware to use the codec in the different location, and as the codec binary is identical this would be a pointless waste of time and effort.

All firmware for both TYT and Baofeng radios is written by the same external software development organisation, the write the codec and the application firmware and also the bootloader for all the TYT and Baofeng radios, which we support.
We believe that this 'organisation' is a state run company, rather than a private enterprise and hence has no company name