Has anyone experienced upside-down display?

DU2XXR

Has anyone experienced upside-down display?

Post by DU2XXR » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:18 pm

I can't seem to replicate it, but there was one time when my radio displayed the screen upside-down after a long period of standby. I'm using the latest version dec9 265006c.

VK3KYY

Re: Has anyone experienced upside-down display?

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:45 pm

I have never seen this, but the display controller is, has various modes to mirror and rotate the display.

I suspect what has happened is that a glitch in one of the commands to the display has caused the display to receive the command to rotate 180 degrees.

We seem to have a problem with display corruption, and this is probably another manifestation of the same problem

FYI,
The display is sent serial data using the Serial Peripheral Interface standard, however all of the MCU’s hardware SPI pins are connected to the C6000 DMR chip.

So I had to write code to “bit bang” the SPI data by using 2 GPIO lines, one of the cock and one of the data.
and using code to generate the square wave clock signal on one pin and the data on the other.

I initially thought that perhaps the code generated the clock at too high a frequency, but I have tried reducing the clock speed , however it didn’t seem to make any difference.

The other possibility is that the display does not like the data being interrupted, but I can’t avoid this, because the DMR interrupt routines will interrupt all other parts of the firmware.

IZ2EIB

Re: Has anyone experienced upside-down display?

Post by IZ2EIB » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:45 am

Hi guys.
Me too sometimes I saw a slight corruption of the pixels on the upper side of the display that could be related to this and also me I can not seem to replicate it.

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB