[Reesolved] Hotspot Mode Fails 3/15/2020 Firmware and new Loader

F1RMB

Re: Hotspot Mode Fails 3/15/2020 Firmware and new Loader

Post by F1RMB » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:53 pm

Hi Marc,
kd2lh wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:04 pm
Hi Daniel,
I've loaded the test firmware, and it does successfully bypass this problem.

Should I do more testing to try and determine if the behavior is related to a setting? (Perhaps CAST?)

The radio still goes into hotspot mode, drops out of hotspot mode for several seconds and then returns to hotspot mode. Now it has the correct hotspot frequency active.

Thanks,
Marc KD2LH
Right now, no.
I've made a review of the firmware code since mid Jan, but I don't see any reason for this behavior.
Now, I will check MMDVMHost code. A lot of thing has been made about NXDN, maybe that introduced some latency when MMDVMHost starts.

I saw a post on the OpenGD77 public Facebook page reporting the same exact problem. Someone days the hotspot is exiting, meanwhile a friend of him is using an older firmware release and doesn't experience this. The missing information is about the Pi-Star version, as before the 4.1.0, the MMDVMHost binary was an old version. So, it's not possible for me to tell who is responsible for this, by now.

In the meantime, the modification I've made about this has been merged into the firmware code.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

kd2lh

Re: Hotspot Mode Fails 3/15/2020 Firmware and new Loader

Post by kd2lh » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:45 pm

One more quick note. The test firmware is now showing up on the Pi-Star dashboard as:

"OpenGD77:v0.1.2"

showing the updated version.

Everything earlier was v0.1.0...

Good to see this increment.