DMR issue, red flashes and does ne tx

EB3EEL

Re: DMR issue, red flashes and does ne tx

Post by EB3EEL » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Some things, if its a repeater the rx and tx frecuencies are different, normally is - 7,600 mhz shift, you have to check this, you transmit in very low power, this could be another reason, and remember you must have a ham callsign to talk , another thing is that seems you dont have a talkgroup programmed, could use the 9990 its the parrot, normally on ts2.
Search on internet for codeplugs from your country for this radio and adapt for you.
Keep searching.

kd2lh

Post by kd2lh » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 pm

Repeater offsets vary in different countries. In the USA, if it's a UHF repeater, it's generally +5Mhz. If VHF is is + or - 600khz.

Most repeater owners publish their input and output frequencies as well as color code they use, and time slots being supported (with the associated static talkgroups) within each timeslot.

These things are an RF channel / Repeater specific characteristics, and could be different from repeater to repeater.

Calls to the parrot should be made to the 9990 Radio ID as individual private calls, not as group calls.

VK5FSCK

Post by VK5FSCK » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:29 am

Sorry for the late reply to getting back to all that helped with advice much appreciated, the only DMR repeater in VK5 seems to be in a bit of a shadow for me and is PITA to connect too. Anywho I have got the bits n bobs that I was waiting for to finish my hotspot to some what work about state that I can use it with GD77 running the latest stable firmware (27/06/2020) upgraded it wee hours this morning also noting some channel config are no longer in the current CPS.

My hotspot tinkering

73 de VK5FSCK

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:51 am

I've been cleaning the CPS (mainly to help the blind operators) and have been removing redundant items.
i.e things that the official CPS supports like privacy and encryption etc, which the OpenGD77 will never support as its illegal for Ham radio

VK5FSCK

Post by VK5FSCK » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:52 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:51 am
I've been cleaning the CPS (mainly to help the blind operators) and have been removing redundant items.
i.e things that the official CPS supports like privacy and encryption etc, which the OpenGD77 will never support as its illegal for Ham radio
Ah nice that sounds good, making it less overwhelming sounds great me, cause I have to climb out this rabbit hole I have crawled into last 48hrs called DMR and hotspot learning. I still not had a qso yet as Parrot refuses to talk back to me lol.