Windows opening partially off the viewport

OpenGD77CPS
KI5GZK

Windows opening partially off the viewport

Post by KI5GZK » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:28 pm

Would it be possible to add an option to open windows within the CPS view port area in full screen mode by default?
When opening some of the larger windows such as the channel edit window, it's always is partially off screen and I have to drag it to the left or maximize it to be able to access all the options.

Thank you.

VK3KYY

Re: Windows opening partially off the viewport

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:12 pm

KI5GZK wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:28 pm
Would it be possible to add an option to open windows within the CPS view port area in full screen mode by default?
When opening some of the larger windows such as the channel edit window, it's always is partially off screen and I have to drag it to the left or maximize it to be able to access all the options.

Thank you.
This is a built in function of Windows, where Windows is supposed to open the Window again in the location it was last closed at.

There's not a lot I can do about this, and I'm not sure why its a problem with your specific windows configuration, as the problem does not seem to be common for other users, as no one else has reported this in the last 2 years

KI5GZK

Post by KI5GZK » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:36 pm

Okay, just to make sure we are on the same page, I am not referring to the Windows desktop.

In the CPS when you double click on a channel to edit it, the window will often open too far to the right, and the right side will not be visible without dragging it over to the left. This is due to the default cascading action where each subsequent window will open slightly more to the right and downward than the last one.

It's not a real problem, just more of an annoyance. ;)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:05 am

Yes.

Screens inside applications are also monitored by the Windows operating system, and their position is restored, depending on the application configuration.

The CPS uses the default windows position system.

KI5GZK

Post by KI5GZK » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:19 am

Okay, well these window positions are certainly not being remembered. ;)

Alright then, I guess that clears that up. :?

Thank you for your time.