CPS feature request - arrange items

OpenGD77CPS
VK3KYY

Re: CPS feature request - arrange items

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:50 pm

lagreca wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:39 pm
It would be wonderful if the CPS allowed us to move items around (ie. channels up and down). Also when editing Digital Contacts, etc.

Currently I have to export the data as a CSV, manipulate it in excel, then import it back in. Not only is this VERY cumbersome, but also has other problems as well.

CHIRP has a feature where you can select an item or group of items and move them up and down. Would be great to see that in the OpenGD77 CPS!

Thank you.
This has been requested many times before, but its too difficult to change, as it would take many hours of programming, because the codeplug format does not support it.

VK3KYY

Re: CPS feature request - arrange items

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:40 pm

lagreca wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:47 pm
Understood. Thank you for explaining it, and thank you for the great firmware.

Do you know of any other DMR radios that have a more robust CPS? I really wish they made one that could be programmed in the field via bluetooth and your phone.
I doubt they would ever add Bluetooth to the GD77, too much extra cost.

I asked them to increase the memory from 1Mb to perhaps 2Mb , or even 8Mb , which would cost perhaps 50 cents on the production costs, but they said that it would make the radio too expensive, and even making small changes to the hardware is extremely costly, and impractical on a radio with such low profit margins.