CPS Keyboard Commands

OpenGD77CPS
AA7CL

CPS Keyboard Commands

Post by AA7CL » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:57 am

Good Day All,

I've been working with a blind ham friend of mine to become familiar with the CPS software. He is doing very well with learning and navigating the workspace. However, it would be really helpful to have more keyboard shortcuts to access some of the functionality in the tree-view as well as adding or editing other parts of the software. I realize the menu has keyboard shortcuts as does items within the tree. However, once in Zone section, one needs to click the "+" icon to add a zone or get out completely and navigate to settings- zones etc. One there, It can be very complicated if you can read the screen and most screen readers seem to have a problem reading some of this stuff.

I have a bunch more but don't want to overload this post.

Does anyone know if there has been any discussions regarding any updates to the CPS that would include this functionality? Or, is there somewhere I guy could make requests?

Thanks!!

Jim

VK3KYY

Re: CPS Keyboard Commands

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:14 am

I'm a bit confused.

Do you mean a shortcut to add a new Zone. If so its Control + on the Zone screen

DJ0HF

Post by DJ0HF » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:40 pm

Your friend should download my package for the blind which explains how to access everything you need with tutorials both as pdf files and m3 files.
You can download the package from the link below.

www.spencerweb.net/Downloads/OpenGD77/opengd77.html

Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO

DJ0HF

Post by DJ0HF » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Just as additional information adding a zone is covered in Tutorial number 7.

Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO

AA7CL

Post by AA7CL » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:53 pm

Thank you for the replies!

Roger, Control (Ctrl+) does nothing for me while in the Zone window.

However, as mentioned in Ian's Tutorial 7 - (Ctrl+i) does create a new Zone. Also, it appears that Ctrl+i, also works in other areas..
Also, reading through Ian's Tutorial, I found an answer to another question -How does one edit a channel using keyboard commands? I see "space bar" does that perfectly!

Just wish there was a list of keyboard commands. Maybe there is a list??

Ian, thanks for all the files. I actually already had it.. Just didn't read through the tutorials. :o

Thanks again gents - love the software and with the help from other folks, this is awesome form our visually impaired friends!!

Appreciate all you folks do!!

Jim - AA7CL

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:00 pm

AA7CL wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:53 pm

Just wish there was a list of keyboard commands. Maybe there is a list??
I thought Ian has a list of these

DJ0HF

Post by DJ0HF » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:39 am

Hi Jim,

most of the keyboard shortcuts are standard windows things like TAB to move between items and ENTER to select an item or button as used in the tutorials and with which blind hams are normally very familiar. However as you have seen there are a few special shortcuts where the standard ones won't work in the CPS such as CTRl+i etc. but there are only a few and so I had never produced a list. But maybe it's not such a bad idea so I have produced a short list which may help and if you E-Mail me I will be happy to send you a copy.

Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO