Radio Options

OpenGD77CPS
AA3RP

Radio Options

Post by AA3RP » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:12 pm

First off I want to say thank you to all that have contributed to make the OpenGD77 firmware and CPS what it is. It is head and shoulders above what is factory, and more than that is better than any other HT firmware I have experience with including the dedicated 'Ham' HT's out there. This goes for both Analog and DMR and now you have added Satellite, WOW !!!!

Having said all that I a have question / thought about the CPS. I updated my GD77 / DM-1801 / RD-5r and when I went to test one of GD77's I got out of Band Message. I had to go into the options on HT and change the band limits to CPS. Is there a way to see / modify these things in the CPS? If not, is any thought to making it possible to do so in the future?

All the best, and once again thank you all.

AA3RP

F1RMB

Re: Radio Options

Post by F1RMB » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:17 pm

Hi,

You can edit the bands limits on the CPS, yes.
But on the radio, you can just turn off that: Options -> Radio options -> Band limits: OFF

Cheers.
---
Daniel

AA3RP

Post by AA3RP » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:13 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:17 pm
Hi,

You can edit the bands limits on the CPS, yes.
But on the radio, you can just turn off that: Options -> Radio options -> Band limits: OFF

Cheers.
---
Daniel
Thank you for the reply, yet I believe I was not concise enough in my framing of the question / desire. You are correct that the band limits can be set in the current CPS. The issue was / is when I loaded the current release firmware (20210914) it did a radio settings reset on the GD77. I did a CPS code plug download to the GD77 after the firmware update and had to go into the HT manually to change the options setting for Band Limits.

I am not sure if this is strictly a firmware function / issue or can be handled via the CPS in some manner. I do know from following the project you can 'calibrate' the radio which is going deep into the radio firmware. As such the thought of some how keeping or storing optional / configurable choices may exists or is possible going forward.

Just sharing my thoughts mostly due to having to manually configure the HT after a firmware and code plug update. Regardless great work and firmware as is, just thinking of even more polish to an already shinning example of solid functional open source effort.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:26 pm

Well,

settings reset doesn't happen that often, and it's done only when it's not possible to do anything else, like first time installation, or changes in the settings structure that couldn't be handled by upgrades software.
Downgrade is not, and will never be handled (we have some memory space contraints). Some upgrades are handled by the firmware, but for the same reason, it's not possible to maintain a real settings upgrade feature.
Anyway, it takes few dozens of seconds to tune the settings for your needs/wishes, once you get used to it.

In the CPS, you can backup and restore your current settings.

Cheers.
---
Daniel