[Feature has been implemented] Feature request: Manual and Alphabetical zone/channel sorting

OpenGD77CPS
deadite66

[Feature has been implemented] Feature request: Manual and Alphabetical zone/channel sorting

Post by deadite66 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:14 pm

Zones and Channels appear to be listed in the order they were created.

is it possible to add this in a future cps?

YT5HOK

Re: Feature request: Manual and Alphabetical zone/channel sorting

Post by YT5HOK » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:59 pm

deadite66 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:14 pm
Zones and Channels appear to be listed in the order they were created.

is it possible to add this in a future cps?
Try this utility: OpenGD77-CSV ;)

deadite66

Re: Feature request: Manual and Alphabetical zone/channel sorting

Post by deadite66 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:59 pm

many thanks for adding sorting :)

VK3KYY

Re: [Feature has been implemented] Feature request: Manual and Alphabetical zone/channel sorting

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:16 am

The CPS was updated months ago to allow both Channels and Zones to be moved up or down in the list, so that the operator can choose the order in which they want the Channels and Zones to appear in the radio.

IMO Alphabetical sorting is not particularly useful. In my codeplug, Alphabetical sorting would put all the CB channels first, rather than the Ham repeater channels, because my CB channels are named "CB XXX" and all my Ham repeaters are VKXXX

In fact alphabetical sorting would put my Ham repeater channels at the end of the list. It would also mix the FM and DMR repeaters, because the name of the channel is the callsign, followed by the mode.

Hence I won't be wasting my time writing alphabetical sorting of either Channels or Zones