DMR Contacts List Details Issue [Resolved - Select required fields for Details]

OpenGD77CPS
n4tii

DMR Contacts List Details Issue [Resolved - Select required fields for Details]

Post by n4tii » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:05 pm

Hi Gang,

First time poster - flashed the radio last night and all the community steps work great. But, I am having an issue with respect to the DMR Contacts List download.

I originally had taken a CSV list that I had downloaded previously for my radio and uploaded it. Since the first line was not column headers, it read those in as the "filter" criteria, and the "details" for each successful callsign was populating with name, city, state, county.

But, when I "cleared" that list, and attempted a download from radioID (or frankly, any other source - or another CSV file input) the details no longer populate.

I've uninstalled / reinstalled to no avail. This is the latest CPS (not the 3/1/2023 experimental - it has com issues on my machine).

Anything I can do to try to clear this up? I'd like to get the expanded data on DMR contacts if possible.

Thanks,

N4TII.

VK3KYY

Re: DMR Contacts List Details Issue

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:19 pm

I recommend you don't open extern CSV files unless you know that they are in the correct format

Try just downloading the DMR ID's from within the CPS and upload it data

n4tii

Post by n4tii » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:14 am

That is good advice moving forward.

But for now, it seemed that my actions have corrupted this portion of the CPS and a reinstall doesn't fix it.

The CPS will automatically download the radioiDs, and will populate the Radio ID and Callsign columns, but details remains blank.

Perhaps the next version will overwrite whatever has become corrupted in this one and it'll be working again.

Other than that, though, I really like OpenGD vs the stock.

n4tii

Post by n4tii » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:44 am

...and the latest 2023.03.07 CPS doesn't seem to fix my error. There must be some stray files left over in an "appdata" or "programdata" directory that do not wipe on exit. I notice, for example, that if I install, uninstall, reinstall, it remembers the last known path to a codeplug and attempts to load that - so obviously, there's some cached information that retains.

1. Can someone advise where this extra data lives so I can purge it completely?
2. Can someone provide the schema for "good" "import.csv" and I'll try that and see if it restores what is borked.

Just to reiterate, in the "Download callsign database" section, whether or not the download source is radioid.net or hamdigital, the "details" (and in the case of hamdigital, the last heard days ago) does not populate.

Thanks for all the team does on this project.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:18 am

The only thing stored are the location of the files, and this is in the Windows Registry

The region is read from the first few digits of your DMR ID

The DMR ID's are not stored on disk, everything is held in memory.

Exactly what problem are you having

n4tii

Post by n4tii » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:41 am

Under Extras, Download Callsign Database.

Select "RadioID.net" as the download source, it downloads, processes, and then in the table, it does not display any data for "details."

I recall it doing that properly before I uploaded a different CSV into the software and seemingly broke it.

I uploaded a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Should I not see name/location info in "details" ?
Attachments
radioid.jpg
radioid.jpg (58.98 KiB) Viewed 2336 times

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:01 am

Only if you select what fields you want to use for the details

You must have unchecked the fields at some time.

If you don't have any fields selected you won't get any data

The fields vary depending on the data source, so you'll need to experiment with that data source

I'd also advise to use the URL of the github repository

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Conta ... D77_WW.csv

As that list is curated to remove duplicates and also special event stations etc which are no longer on air

It seems to have been updated 2 days ago and their are othe curated lists rather than the World Wide

https://github.com/ContactLists/Contact ... Radioddity

n4tii

Post by n4tii » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:15 am

I have it working now... but I had to do it in a round-about way.

If I download directly from radioid - it seems that the CPS populates a different set of filter criteria than the schema of the CSV (and the column headers do not match).

Instead, I select URL, copy out the URL - bring up a browser, download the CSV, then import it, it sets up a new set of schema, clear, import again with the fields I want. Write-to-radio.
Attachments
radioid.jpg
radioid.jpg (73.16 KiB) Viewed 2322 times

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:21 am

Yes. Thats what I said. Data from different sources has different formats.

Its not possble to write the CPS to know what's in the various data fields form any source, even from RadioId.net to HamDigital becuase we don't control the format of the data.

Hence its up to the operator to choose which data fields they want from which source

There is finite / very limited memory in a lot of the radios, so some people may want callsign and first name only, some people may want callsign and location, or callsign firstname and country.

You have to choose what you want and how many characters that data will generate and then how many records of that specific character length you want to upload to the radio

If you have a UV380 or MD9600 (RT3S/RT90) these radios have enough space to hold the entire database, but thats only 2 radios out of 7 that have a large memory

The CPS is not perfect but its a lot better than many commercial CPS and its free

n4tii

Post by n4tii » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:32 am

OK - I now see and understand the behavior of this component.

Check all the boxes.... download. That populates the filter schema. If you don't like what you see, uncheck the field you don't want, clear, download again.

This is working properly based on that guidance using "Download From: RadioID.Net" as well.

Problem solved. Thank you!