Any Plans for CPS to Save Radio Settings?

OpenGD77CPS
W3ATN

Any Plans for CPS to Save Radio Settings?

Post by W3ATN » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:11 am

I'm new to OpenGD77 on a new TYT MD-UV390 and am loving the combination. However, I did accidentally pressed SK2 while powering on and of course reset the FW and so all the radio settings. That's when it dawned on me that there's nowhere in the CPS where radio settings are stored. Am I missing something or is there another way to save the radio settings (display, sound, etc.)? If not, is the OpenGD77 team planning on including that cape bility at some point in the future so we can backup the radio settings?

VK3KYY

Re: Any Plans for CPS to Save Radio Settings?

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:43 am

W3ATN wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:11 am
I'm new to OpenGD77 on a new TYT MD-UV390 and am loving the combination. However, I did accidentally pressed SK2 while powering on and of course reset the FW and so all the radio settings. That's when it dawned on me that there's nowhere in the CPS where radio settings are stored. Am I missing something or is there another way to save the radio settings (display, sound, etc.)? If not, is the OpenGD77 team planning on including that cape bility at some point in the future so we can backup the radio settings?
This isn't practical because the settings format changes sometimes when the firmware is updated to fix bugs and add new features. So to have a system to backup and restore the settings would need the CPS to be updated when the firmware was updated, and often people update the CPS and the firmware independently

And would also need to handle if the CPS settings version didn't match the firmware settings version and handle this error etc etc

W3ATN

Re: Any Plans for CPS to Save Radio Settings?

Post by W3ATN » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:47 pm

Understood. Thanks for the clarification.