New ongoing "Development" version has been created

VK3KYY

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:49 am

I found the bug in the GD77S and Daniel has fixed it.

However, the bug could potentially cause problems when changing zones on all other radios , not just the GD77S

So I've replaced the firmware for all radios in the latest Development / Unstable release on github

Download and installing this will cause the settings to go back to their default / factory reset state again, just to be safe, in case there was a corruption of the settings data.

Also, monitor mode has now been added to the GD77S, which is activated by pressing and holding buttons SK1 and SK2

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:12 am

thank you

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:16 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:49 am
I found the bug in the GD77S and Daniel has fixed it.

However, the bug could potentially cause problems when changing zones on all other radios , not just the GD77S

So I've replaced the firmware for all radios in the latest Development / Unstable release on github

Download and installing this will cause the settings to go back to their default / factory reset state again, just to be safe, in case there was a corruption of the settings data.

Also, monitor mode has now been added to the GD77S, which is activated by pressing and holding buttons SK1 and SK2
Exactly like Santa Claus ... but you are much more ... every day you bring us a firmware as a gift, sometimes 2 or even 3
Thanks to all the team
ciao Roger

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:23 am

Hopefully no change to the GD77 today, but Daniel and I were concerned that the bug in the GD77S, which was a small buffer overflow, could potentially cause problems on the GD77, hence why I uploaded new versions for all the radios

F6GVE

Post by F6GVE » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:38 pm

Thanks a lot again and again for these improvements.
It is a very usefull feature.
I had a crash just after having upgraded one GD77 when I changed the default zone... I suppose this is fixed now with the very last experimental release. I'll will upgrade
Luc

Edit. Not met this bug anymore after the last upgrade

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:12 pm

F6GVE wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:38 pm
I had a crash just after having upgraded one GD77 when I changed the default zone... I suppose this is fixed now with the very last experimental release. I'll will upgrade
Luc

Can you explain the problem with the "default zone" and how to cause the crash

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:20 am

Ik0nwg wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:16 am
Exactly like Santa Claus ... but you are much more ... every day you bring us a firmware as a gift, sometimes 2 or even 3
Thanks to all the team
ciao Roger
Hi Sal

Yet another small thing to try

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I noticed a small problem, if you change TG , using Left or Right keys, while receiving a DMR signal, that the new TG you selected is not displayed because the callsign of the received signal is being displayed

I have now made a new system, which can delay the update of the callsign display, (or any other thing in the radio which I need to delay), so that in this case the TG can be displayed.

I have currently set the time of displaying the TG to 2 seconds, before the callsign is displayed again.

To test, just receive any DMR signal, and change the TG using Left or Right.

Currently, you will not see the TG, but with my new experimental firmware you will see the TG for 2 seconds

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:24 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:20 am
Ik0nwg wrote:
Thanks to all the team
ciao Roger
Hi Sal

I noticed a small problem, if you change TG , using Left or Right keys, while receiving a DMR signal, that the new TG you selected is not displayed because the callsign of the received signal is being displayed

I have now made a new system, which can delay the update of the callsign display, (or any other thing in the radio which I need to delay), so that in this case the TG can be displayed.

I have currently set the time of displaying the TG to 2 seconds, before the callsign is displayed again.

Currently, you will not see the TG, but with my new experimental firmware you will see the TG for 2 seconds
Hi Roger, I'm trying this version .... if I use the left and right arrows (when they are talking) I display the TG set for transmission for a few moments and the amateur radio call is replaced by the name of the memory .... the display often lasts much less than the 2 seconds ..... basically I see the screen exactly when no one is talking....
if I use the VFO it does exactly what you say
ciao

F6GVE

Post by F6GVE » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:59 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:12 pm
F6GVE wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:38 pm
Luc

Can you explain the problem with the "default zone" and how to cause the crash
Sorry what I said was not clear enough...
With the release just before (the one when I wrote my msg), after having upgraded the firmware, I wanted to change the zone with SK2+Down array (or up array, don't remember) and the firmware had crashed.
With the following firmware (when you quickly modified something about the zones for the GD77s) this bug has disappeared :)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:59 pm

Ik0nwg wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:24 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:20 am
Ik0nwg wrote:
Thanks to all the team
ciao Roger
Hi Sal

Hi Roger, I'm trying this version .... if I use the left and right arrows (when they are talking) I display the TG set for transmission for a few moments and the amateur radio call is replaced by the name of the memory .... the display often lasts much less than the 2 seconds ..... basically I see the screen exactly when no one is talking....
if I use the VFO it does exactly what you say
ciao
Sal

Thanks.

I will restest why the delay is not 2 seconds