New ongoing "Development" version has been created

OK2HAD

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by OK2HAD » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:58 pm

OM8AMV wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:27 am
not work remapping keys, i select channel details, press and hold SK2 and press key 1. Short beep and nothinh
Press the Menu button (Green)
Scroll until the screen is selected e.g. Last Heard is selected
Press and hold SK2 (Blue button on the GD-77), then press and release the Number key ( 0 - 9), e.g. 3
Acknowledgement beep will play (When setting, hold the blue button and short press the number - not long.)

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:49 pm

thank you

IU8OGE

Post by IU8OGE » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:56 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:07 am

* Added operator definable "QuickKeys" SK2 + NUMBER_KEY (Initial work by Alex DG4LEX. Rework and integration VK3KYY)
WONDERFULL

thanks, tested fastly work perfectly

DL4LEX

Post by DL4LEX » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:07 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:07 am

The Channel Details screen is not fully controllable via the QuickKeys system yet, as its quite a complex screen, and I've not had time to implement the individual settings changes. (I don't think Alex implemented full control of this in his original code either)
If I don't misremember, only the three Menus Options, Sound Options and Display Options were fully supported as these screens are very similar in code.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:04 pm

DL4LEX wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:07 pm
If I don't misremember, only the three Menus Options, Sound Options and Display Options were fully supported as these screens are very similar in code.
I added most screens except Channel Details to the QuickKeys, in addition to you PR.

You had some code changes to Channel Details, but they didnt seem to fully implement the QuickKeys on the Channel Details, so I made my own small changes so that when on the Channel Details screen, the whole screen can be assigned.

But I just noticed that if the selected line is the Channel Name, which is the default initial selection that the text entry code is taking priority over the QuickKeys code.

So I need to do a lot more work on this screen.

BTW. I also changed the QuickKeys to use SK2 to set and also run the QuickKey, but I had to limit when the QuickKey can be run to the Channel and VFO screen, and also there is currently a small problem with repeated presses, because the menu screens do not run QuickKey commands, which makes repeat presses not work exactly the same.
This is probably fix-able, but I have not had time to fix it yet. Possibly just reduce the time that the change message is displayed would be enough for this to be more usable even without the menu screens being allowed to run QuickKeys.
Or perhaps sense when SK2 remains down (but this would need to be done in main.c)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:38 am

Guys

There appears to be a bug in the power output which I'm now trying to track down

I did a bug fix release a few hours ago in an attempt to fix the problem, but it didn't fully fix it.

So please be aware the power output level may currently be incorrect.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:56 am

I think I've tracked down the power output level bug..
There were 2 bugs and I only fixed one of them in the "Bug" fix version I released earlier today.

I think I've now found the other bug, and because Daniel F1RMB has also sent be a new feature of VFO Dual Watch, and other submissions... I have made a new Development release.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.30

I was hoping to continue the work with the QuickKeys functionality, specifically on Channel Details screen, but my work commitments have not allowed me enough time to make any progress on this, as well as fixing the power level bug and integrating submissions from other people.

Changes in this version are.

* Fix for power level bug (VK3KYY)
* VFO Dual Watch feature (F1RMB)
* Improvement to Voice Prompts on the Last Heard screen ( @HegrJan on Github)

VFO Dual Watch

Set VFO A and VFO B to the 2 frequencies and modes etc you want to "watch"
e.g.
VFO_A.png
VFO_A.png (2.91 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
VFO_B.png
VFO_B.png (3.62 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
From the Quick menu (Orange button on the GD-77)
Select "Dual Watch"
QuickMenu_DualWatch.png
QuickMenu_DualWatch.png (2.49 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
The screen now changes to display the Rx frequency of VFO A and VFO B, and a text [DW] flashes in the top left corner of the screen
VFO_DualWatch_running.png
VFO_DualWatch_running.png (2.89 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
If a valid signal is detected, the screen displays the details of that VFO e.g. Ra and Ta, and if DMR it will display the TG.

Note.

While in Dual watch, the TG is not displayed, as if the TG for the two VFO's were different, this would constantly flash as the radio switches / scans between both VFO's

Thanks to Daniel F1RMB for this submission.

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:07 am

Fantastic!!! Thank you all
ciao Roger

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:36 am

Ik0nwg wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:07 am
Fantastic!!! Thank you all
ciao Roger
All Daniel's work for the Dual Watch.

I'm just fighting with the bugs on the power level.

There may be some power level bugs at the ends of the calibration range, e.g. 400Mhz and 475Mhz, but I can't reproduce the power bugs reported by KI5GZK when just within the ham bands.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:56 am

OK. I found another bug in the calibration, which shows up if you operate well outside the Ham bands. i.e 400Mhz and 475Mhz and switch between frequencies.

So I've had to upload yet another release :-(

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.30

(Available via the CPS, as usual)