Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by f6fzo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:16 am

Merci
Bonne journée ! :mrgreen:

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:09 am

FYI.

I've now had confirmation from KI5GZK that I have definitely fixed the bug in the power output level.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:53 am

I've just been informed that there is a bug in all versions that include QuickKeys where the boot screen text is not being updated.

This is because of a mistake I made in blocking the CPS interface in the firmware from overwriting the QuickKeys assignments, and i also blocks some of the boot text from being updated :-(

This will be fixed in the next release.

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:19 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:56 am
OK. I found another bug in the calibration, which shows up if you operate well outside the Ham bands. i.e 400Mhz and 475Mhz and switch between frequencies.

So I've had to upload yet another release :-(

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.30

(Available via the CPS, as usual)
I see that you have also managed to solve the problem of power levels .... I also installed the second version of the firmware released today October 30 .... so congratulations for this ... and obviously also congratulations to Daniel for the Dual function Watch
ciao Roger

IU8OGE

Post by IU8OGE » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:38 pm

just a word to say thank to the developers.
this firmware becomes more complete and fantastic every day

thank you

W1AEX

Post by W1AEX » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:21 pm

I loaded the Oct 30 2020 [16:50:01] build on both of my GD77 radios and the features I use are working well. I have not yet tried out the new VFO A/B Dual Watch feature but the idea is very clever and will certainly be useful to me out in the field. By the way this update was the first time I loaded firmware from the CPS "Download and Update" firmware list and it's very quick and painless.

Beautiful job!

73, Rob W1AEX

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:26 pm

Guys

I've noticed some bugs in the TS assigned to a TG Contact, where the radio changed TS when the PTT is released.

As no one else has reported this, I guess not many people use this feature or perhaps don't use the Manual override ( * key) very much.

There will be a fix for this in the next development release

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:10 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:26 pm
Guys

I've noticed some bugs in the TS assigned to a TG Contact, where the radio changed TS when the PTT is released.

As no one else has reported this, I guess not many people use this feature or perhaps don't use the Manual override ( * key) very much.

There will be a fix for this in the next development release
most of us (including me) use simplex and TS hotspots so we don't worry at all .... yesterday i used 1 repeater for a long time and manually set the TS with * but i didn't notice any problems ....
ciao Roger

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:33 am

Hi Sal

Yep. Its mainly DMR MARC repeater users who will notice the problem, and then only if they manually override the TS assigned to a TG.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:35 am

I have just uploaded a new Development release

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.11.01

There have been a lot of changes, so this one should be considered as more experimental than the last Development release

* Channel Details screen can now be mostly controlled via QuickKeys, with the exception of the Name, Rx frequency and Tx frequency (VK3KYY)
* Slight UI change so that QuickKeys are set when the number button is released, rather than when its pressed down. (VK3KYY)
* Change beep function to terminate voice prompt if an ACK or ERROR beep is played while a voice prompt is played (VK3KYY)
* Fix Dual Watch screen when Voice Prompt level 3 is enabled. (F1RMB)
* Fix bug where TS changed when PTT was released, when TS had a manual override but also a Contact TS override - Note. Some bugs still remain with the TS override system, and I may need to re-think the way we have approached this problem.
* Fix for boot screen texts not getting updated when the codeplug is uploaded. This bug was caused when I added the QuickKeys. (Fix by Daniel F1RMB)
* Boot screen text lines can now have 16 characters, rather then 15. Note this needed the latest CPS (F1RMB)
* Add Rx only setting control to the Channel Details screen. (F1RMB)
* Added missing code to clear a QuickKey by doing SK2 + Long Press on the number key. (VK3KYY using some code by DL4LEX)
* Change when PA drive level (DAC value) is calculated. It is now only calculated when the radio goes into transmit mode. This change is so that the DAC value is not constantly re-calculated when scanning or on the Dual Watch screen.
* Other sundry bug fixes (F1RMB)

Note. There is also an updated CPS and updated voice prompts