New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Ik0nwg

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by Ik0nwg » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:30 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:03 am
I've released a new Beta release.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 1.04.03.01

For anyone who has been loading the experimental scan dwell time version, this Beta is the same as the last zip file.
thanks to the whole team....
Ciao
Sal

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:44 am

VK3KYY wrote:

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 1.04.03.01

For anyone who has been loading the experimental scan dwell time version, this Beta is the same as the last zip file.
many thanks

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:53 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thanks Roger and Daniel F1RMB, it works like a charm!

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB

f6fzo

Post by f6fzo » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:20 pm

Bonsoir
Merci et joyeuse pacques :mrgreen:

vk7js

Post by vk7js » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:57 am

Hi Roger/Daniel,

Just wondering if issue #884 PTT while DTMF dialing is anywhere on your radar? For those of us with very poor wrists due to way too much typing, it would really be so helpful. The idea is that you hold down ptt, as soon as you press the first DTMF key, ptt latch kicks in, and only releases after a timeout of the last DTMF key, (i.e. you don't need to hold ptt down for the rest of the dtmf codes). The timeout could simply use the vox-tail, avoiding yet another menu option. Also, you could avoid an extra menu option by adding this to the ptt latch option, i.e. that option could have the settings of off, on, DTMF. I think you already have sufficient voice prompts as well since you already have the words off, on, and DTMF.

Thanks for your consideration.

Joe

F6GVE

Post by F6GVE » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:30 am

Hi everyone. It was several monthes since I didn't update the firmware of my GD77's.
I did it a few days ago (built April 3) and have to congrat again. The eco feature is really a very good and useful idea.
My GD77's are from the earlys. I set eco to "3". Generally speaking it works fluently even if very occasionally the DMR RX starts muted and keep muted until I briefly swith to another channel then come back.
I saw no change concerning the BER.

What I must say is that the quality of the DMR décoding is obviously much better than before!
I live in a place where there is a lot of UHF jam. Around me there are strong, Tetra, Pocsag etc. repeaters The GD77 hates strong signals around it, even with its short own antenna with no gain. The high level of intermodulation is the GD77's main issue (according to me)

Unfortunately in such conditions, with the Open GD77's firmware it was much more difficult than with an official one to decode all the multiple DMR commercial stations that I can receive around me. The desired signal needed to be strong, with a minimum of interfering jam, to be correctly decoded.
Now I can listen to the commercial DMR repeaters as well as before, with my old official stock firmware, in spite of my perturbated area.

This is a MAJOR improvement for me. I had to say it and to congrat again for the gread job

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:19 pm

F6GVE wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:30 am
Hi everyone. It was several monthes since I didn't update the firmware of my GD77's.
I did it a few days ago (built April 3) and have to congrat again. The eco feature is really a very good and useful idea.
My GD77's are from the earlys. I set eco to "3". Generally speaking it works fluently even if very occasionally the DMR RX starts muted and keep muted until I briefly swith to another channel then come back.
I saw no change concerning the BER.

What I must say is that the quality of the DMR décoding is obviously much better than before!
I live in a place where there is a lot of UHF jam. Around me there are strong, Tetra, Pocsag etc. repeaters The GD77 hates strong signals around it, even with its short own antenna with no gain. The high level of intermodulation is the GD77's main issue (according to me)

Unfortunately in such conditions, with the Open GD77's firmware it was much more difficult than with an official one to decode all the multiple DMR commercial stations that I can receive around me. The desired signal needed to be strong, with a minimum of interfering jam, to be correctly decoded.
Now I can listen to the commercial DMR repeaters as well as before, with my old official stock firmware, in spite of my perturbated area.

This is a MAJOR improvement for me. I had to say it and to congrat again for the gread job
Interesting.. Thankyou for sharing

f6fzo

Post by f6fzo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:00 am

Bonjour
moi j'ai pas vu de différence entre 1 et 4 en mode écho ! quelle est la différence ?si il en a une
merci et bonne journée
F6fzo

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:12 am

f6fzo wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:00 am
Bonjour
moi j'ai pas vu de différence entre 1 et 4 en mode écho ! quelle est la différence ?si il en a une
merci et bonne journée
F6fzo
Voir

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... #eco-level

The battery will last longer on Eco 4, but the radio does not resond so quickly to signals.
However, normally the difference in response time is not noticable.

BTW.
Eco 5 is a new level which is still being tested.

f6fzo

Post by f6fzo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:43 am

Bonjour et merci pour la réponse aussi rapide !! :mrgreen: