work only at momentary push ?
Yes, exactly.

VK3KYY

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:36 am

A new development release has been created because of Monitor mode

See the release notes here
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.10

I've made some changes since I posted the experimental files to my Google drive, which can detect a non-DMR signal much faster.
So that the mode switch to FM will now occur after approximately 250mS if the signal does not appear to be DMR, even if the DMR signal is on a different Colour Code.

However, I have only tested this fast DMR detection on DMR and FM or empty frequencies, not frequencies which may have other modes like DStar, YSF, P25, NXDN etc.

I'm unable to test whether monitor mode miss-indentifies and non DMR digital mode as DMR, because I only have DMR radios.
(Well, I do have a radio that can transmit YSF, but I have not had time to test this, as I think its unlikely that the radio will detect YSF as a valid DMR signal).

I'd appeciate if anyone who has access to non DMR digital radios to confirm whether the radio miss-identifies those signals as DMR, and hence does not switch to FM.

Notes on operation of Monitor mode operation

* Monitor mode is activated if button SK2 is pressed and held for 2 seconds or longer.
* Monitor mode does **NOT** change the Rx frequency, i.e If the channel (or VFO) is set to a repeater where the Rx and Tx frequencies are different, the radio will not switch to listen on the input to the repeater. The functionality to listen to the input of a repeater is already implemented by pressing and holding button SK1 then pressing and holding SK2. This functionality remains the same, except 2 seconds after button SK2 is pressed and held the radio will enter monitor mode listening on the input of the repeater
* In FM mode any Rx CTCTSS settings are disabled, and the squelch value is set to minimum so that the squelch is opened.
* In DMR mode, all filters are disabled, including TG, TS and CC filters.
* In DMR mode, if a valid DMR signal is not detected after 250mS, the radio will be switched to FM, Rx CTCSS will be disabled and the squelch will be opened (as per the FM mode operation described above)

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:24 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:36 am
A new development release has been created because of Monitor mode

See the release notes here
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.10

I've made some changes since I posted the experimental files to my Google drive, which can detect a non-DMR signal much faster.
So that the mode switch to FM will now occur after approximately 250mS if the signal does not appear to be DMR, even if the DMR signal is on a different Colour Code.

However, I have only tested this fast DMR detection on DMR and FM or empty frequencies, not frequencies which may have other modes like DStar, YSF, P25, NXDN etc.

I'm unable to test whether monitor mode miss-indentifies and non DMR digital mode as DMR, because I only have DMR radios.
(Well, I do have a radio that can transmit YSF, but I have not had time to test this, as I think its unlikely that the radio will detect YSF as a valid DMR signal).

I'd appeciate if anyone who has access to non DMR digital radios to confirm whether the radio miss-identifies those signals as DMR, and hence does not switch to FM.

Notes on operation of Monitor mode operation

* Monitor mode is activated if button SK2 is pressed and held for 2 seconds or longer.
* Monitor mode does **NOT** change the Rx frequency, i.e If the channel (or VFO) is set to a repeater where the Rx and Tx frequencies are different, the radio will not switch to listen on the input to the repeater. The functionality to listen to the input of a repeater is already implemented by pressing and holding button SK1 then pressing and holding SK2. This functionality remains the same, except 2 seconds after button SK2 is pressed and held the radio will enter monitor mode listening on the input of the repeater
* In FM mode any Rx CTCTSS settings are disabled, and the squelch value is set to minimum so that the squelch is opened.
* In DMR mode, all filters are disabled, including TG, TS and CC filters.
* In DMR mode, if a valid DMR signal is not detected after 250mS, the radio will be switched to FM, Rx CTCSS will be disabled and the squelch will be opened (as per the FM mode operation described above)
I tried to transmit in fusion c4fm .... the radio highlights C1 and TS1 with inverse writing I hear the noise of the digital and the radio does not switch to FM .... at the moment I do not have the dstar radio
ciao Roger

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:37 am

Hi Sal

OK.

When you say you hear "digital noise", do you hear something from the speaker?

I will have to get my YSF radio from the shelf and try testing this myself

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:59 am

Hi Sal

I tested this myself.

I see what you mean. There is some digital audio, buy I don't know if this is via the DMR decoder or because the radio switched to FM.

I'll do some more tests, but I don't think its a problem, because the signal can still be heard via the speaker even though its just the sound of YSF 4FSK

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:06 am

OK.

I double checked. The radio is switching to FM, but the display is not updating to show that its switched to FM.

I can fix this ;-)

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:35 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:06 am
OK.

I double checked. The radio is switching to FM, but the display is not updating to show that its switched to FM.

I can fix this ;-)
exact Roger you hear the digital audio of the fusion c4fm .... in fact it does not visualize the FM writing .... sorry if I didn't answer you immediately but I was driving ....

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:42 am

Ik0nwg wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:35 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:06 am
OK.

I can fix this ;-)
exact Roger you hear the digital audio of the fusion c4fm .... in fact it does not visualize the FM writing .... sorry if I didn't answer you immediately but I was driving ....

I'm fixing the visualize problem now.

New version in about 5 minutes.... ;-0)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:50 am

Sal

Can you try downloading the development release again.

I've fixed the mode problem with Monitor mode and Daniel has fixed a this bug (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1306&start=10 )