New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Ik0nwg

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by Ik0nwg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:04 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:50 am
Sal

Can you try downloading the development release again.

I've fixed the mode problem with Monitor mode and Daniel has fixed a this bug (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1306&start=10 )
I'm at the sea ... I take advantage of it because it's a beautiful day with about 25 degrees .... as soon as I get home I installed it and I update you
Ciao Roger

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:34 am

Ik0nwg wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:04 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:50 am
Sal

Can you try downloading the development release again.

I've fixed the mode problem with Monitor mode and Daniel has fixed a this bug (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1306&start=10 )
I'm at the sea ... I take advantage of it because it's a beautiful day with about 25 degrees .... as soon as I get home I installed it and I update you
Ciao Roger
Hi Sal

OK. Enjoy the good weather.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:35 am

I've made a small change to the development release, so that in monitor mode the CTCSS/DCS indicators are enabled, to correctly represent the operating setting of the radio.

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:21 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:35 am
I've made a small change to the development release, so that in monitor mode the CTCSS/DCS indicators are enabled, to correctly represent the operating setting of the radio.
Roger it works perfectly!!! now FM appears on the screen and yaesu digital audio is heard in the speaker .... I don't see CTCSS / DCS indicators

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:32 am

Ik0nwg wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:21 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:35 am
Roger it works perfectly!!! now FM appears on the screen and yaesu digital audio is heard in the speaker .... I don't see CTCSS / DCS indicators
Hi Sal

OK.

Thanks for testing ... again

vk7js

Post by vk7js » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:17 am

I love the new monitor feature. Of course it is even better than my implementation which is great.
Thanks Roger!
Your work is much appreciated.
Joe

vk7js

Reclaiming duplicate keystrokes for new features was Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by vk7js » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:31 am

Hi Roger,

Several blind folk on the blind hams list have asked me about battery related features and have expressed some confusion. sk2+orange speaks battery percent while sk2+numpad 2 speaks voltage.
I was thinking, to save confusion and having to remember two keystrokes for a related feature, could you put both on the same key? So, sk2+orange would speak the percentage followed by the voltage? This would then free up sk2+numpad2 for a new feature.
As more features are added, running out of keys is always an issue and putting these on the same has a double bonus: Freeing up a key combination, and saving the user remembering two keys for essentially a related function.

Thanks

Joe

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:57 am

Roger, many, many thanks for the great new feature!
It is truly incredible what you managed to achieve with your open firmware, bunch of features that currently no other DMR transceiver is able to provide.
I have checked your latest addition and I confirm that I have not detected any problems, it works like a charm!
I find this addition of yours an extremely useful feature.
Thank you Roger!

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:58 pm

IZ2EIB wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:57 am
Roger, many, many thanks for the great new feature!
It is truly incredible what you managed to achieve with your open firmware, bunch of features that currently no other DMR transceiver is able to provide.
I have checked your latest addition and I confirm that I have not detected any problems, it works like a charm!
I find this addition of yours an extremely useful feature.
Thank you Roger!

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB
Thanks Fabio.

I think there are also some more improvements I can try to make with this feature, like receiving a simplex signal if the channel is set to duplex (Tx freq does not equal Rx freq)

I know some radios do this automatically, but because the OpenGD77 firmware always processes data from both TS, even when only one TS is active, this has a side effect of preventing simplex signal being detected if the channel is set to duplex (and I think vice verse)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:00 pm

GD77S unstable versions seem to have a bug when changing zones, which causes the UI to lock in "battery announce" mode.

So I will need to remove the last 2 unstable versions until this bug is fixed.