I just re-read your original post.
Okay, I see.
Ok thanks Daniel ..... say hello to France .... I was born in Forbach

KI5GZK

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by KI5GZK » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:44 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 am

See the latest Development release, hopefully this has now been fixed both on the VFO and Channels.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.27

There was a slightly different potential problems on a channel which did not have a TG List or a Contact, as it defaulted to the first contact in the CPS, which was different from the VFO which defaulted to TG 9.

I have now standardised this, so both the Channel and the VFO should work the same if there is no TG List but there is a contact,
and if there is no TG list and also no contact, it will force the radio onto TG9, because its likely the codeplug is very messed up.
Well, the original problem seems to be fixed, unfortunately there is a new problem.

The VFO is configured with no TG List but does have a Contact selected.
Channel 1 is configured with TG List = BrandMeister
Channel 2 is configured with TG List = TGIF
The VFO is initially working as expected.
If I switch to channel 1 and then switch to VFO, the VFO is now using the BrandMeister TG List.
If I switch to channel 2 and then switch to VFO, the VFO is now using the TGIF TG List.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:45 am

Ik0nwg wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:42 am
F1RMB wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:40 am
I just re-read your original post.
Okay, I see.
Ok thanks Daniel ..... say hello to France .... I was born in Forbach
Okay. At the moment I'm drinking a coffee in Saint-Louis, Alsace.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:19 am

OK.

I'll check my radio, there was a change to the power function, to fix the bug where someone has 2 channels with the same frequency but different power settings.

I tested one of my GD-77 on 50mW to my hotspot and it worked OK.

Sal,

If you reload the older version, then test a few times, and the immedatly load the new version and test a few times, does it always fail on the new version.

Its also possible that the change in the new version fixed a bug which allowed your hotspot to work on 50mW, because the radio was not transmitting on 50mW, it may have been transmitting on a different power level.

Can you measure the power output of the radio under these exact configurations?

But you will need to set the radio to FM mode etc.

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:21 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:19 am
OK.

I'll check my radio, there was a change to the power function, to fix the bug where someone has 2 channels with the same frequency but different power settings.

I tested one of my GD-77 on 50mW to my hotspot and it worked OK.

Sal,

If you reload the older version, then test a few times, and the immedatly load the new version and test a few times, does it always fail on the new version.

Its also possible that the change in the new version fixed a bug which allowed your hotspot to work on 50mW, because the radio was not transmitting on 50mW, it may have been transmitting on a different power level.

Can you measure the power output of the radio under these exact configurations?

But you will need to set the radio to FM mode etc.
the test you can also do it in FM .... in VFO tune a frequency (I did the test in both UHF and VHF) put the power to 50mW .... turn off the radio .... turn on the radio and try to listen to you on a second radio .... DOES NOT WORK ..... if at this point you try to change the power to 250mW and then come back again to 50mW it works VERY GOOD !!! the October 15 version does not have this problem .... it starts to do so from the October 25 version .... I have installed the firmware several times but the problem persists
and it does so only with 50mW setting
ciao Roger

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:23 am

OK.

I will test this.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:27 am

Hi Sal

OK.

I've found the bug.

Please wait.

I'll upload a fix soon

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:36 am

Ik0nwg wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:21 am
the test you can also do it in FM .... in VFO tune a frequency (I did the test in both UHF and VHF) put the power to 50mW .... turn off the radio .... turn on the radio and try to listen to you on a second radio .... DOES NOT WORK ..... if at this point you try to change the power to 250mW and then come back again to 50mW it works VERY GOOD !!! the October 15 version does not have this problem .... it starts to do so from the October 25 version .... I have installed the firmware several times but the problem persists
ciao Roger
OK.

I fixed a bug.

It occurs only if the channel or VFO power is 50mW when the radio is turned on.

Also, Some radio seem to have higher gain PA FET and still Tx some power even though the bug prevents the PA drive being set.

Please can you download the latest version again, because I have updated it with the bug fix

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:46 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:36 am
Ik0nwg wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:21 am
ciao Roger
OK.

I fixed a bug.

It occurs only if the channel or VFO power is 50mW when the radio is turned on.

Also, Some radio seem to have higher gain PA FET and still Tx some power even though the bug prevents the PA drive being set.

Please can you download the latest version again, because I have updated it with the bug fix
Very good !!! now it works correctly ..... Thanks Roger and thanks also to Daniel
ciao e grazie