Eco Levels

VK3KYY

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:27 pm

SQ4FAE wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:27 pm
OK,my radio is GD77 on ecolevels 0 the radio works fine. After setting 1-4, the radio receiver is deaf after a short time, and you cannot hear the radio tones.
Well.

I just tested my GD77, and it can receive on CTCSS simplex, from when the radio is in full power saving Level 4

I had to hold the PTT for almost second before the signal is detected, but this latency is documented in this thread.

I'm now waiting for a local repeater which uses CTCSS to go idle and then be activated while the radio is in full power saving, but so far I can't replicate this problem despite now wasting 30 minutes on this due to the lack of useful information from you.

I'd appreciate it if anyone else could test CTCSS reception, but so far I see no sign of a bug.

EC7AJT

Post by EC7AJT » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:30 pm

Hi

I have a good experience with this FW (Feb 13, 2021) detecting fix of some bugs. I am using ecolevel 2.

THX for this job
Juan
GD-77

vk7js

Post by vk7js » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:54 pm

I have been testing the latest fw with rx ctcss set to 85.4 on a given channel and have had no issues. I have my power saving level set to 4. I am extremely impressed with the eco power saving feature. Yes, it does take a second or so to open the squelch but that is to be expected at that power saving level.
Joseph

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:54 am

I've now completed testing with the local repeater and I don't see any problem with receiving CTCSS signals even when the radio is in Eco Level 4

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:44 am

Hello, in my GD77 it also happens that it does not activate the audio amplifier again after waiting periods of ECO level 1-4
The equipment does receive the transmission but the audio amplifier does not activate, you have to press the keys several times until it is activated again, and in many cases the audio is distorted for a few seconds.

SQ4FAE

Post by SQ4FAE » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:44 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:27 pm
SQ4FAE wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:27 pm
OK,my radio is GD77 on ecolevels 0 the radio works fine. After setting 1-4, the radio receiver is deaf after a short time, and you cannot hear the radio tones.
Well.

I just tested my GD77, and it can receive on CTCSS simplex, from when the radio is in full power saving Level 4

I had to hold the PTT for almost second before the signal is detected, but this latency is documented in this thread.

I'm now waiting for a local repeater which uses CTCSS to go idle and then be activated while the radio is in full power saving, but so far I can't replicate this problem despite now wasting 30 minutes on this due to the lack of useful information from you.

I'd appreciate it if anyone else could test CTCSS reception, but so far I see no sign of a bug.
Roger,
The problem of waking up the receiver after acquiring the signal occurs in DMR modulation, and there is no audio BIP at this time. Sorry, I am testing this GD77 radio and maybe it only applies to my copy.
I appreciate what you are doing and absolutely not complaining.

73 Chris

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:01 am

SQ4FAE wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:44 am
Roger,
The problem of waking up the receiver after acquiring the signal occurs in DMR modulation, and there is no audio BIP at this time. Sorry, I am testing this GD77 radio and maybe it only applies to my copy.

73 Chris
The firmware never has an audio beep when receiving a DMR signal. (Beeps only occur at the Start or End or Start and End (or neither) of Transmission.)

Again. What radio type are you using.
GD-77 ?
GD-77S ?
DM-1801 ?
RD-5R ?

Are you receiving a signal from a repeater, or Hotspot, or a signal from a simplex signal?
If hotspot, is the hotspot simplex or duplex.

SQ4FAE

Post by SQ4FAE » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:20 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:01 am
SQ4FAE wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:44 am
Roger,

73 Chris
The firmware never has an audio beep when receiving a DMR signal. (Beeps only occur at the Start or End or Start and End (or neither) of Transmission.)

Again. What radio type are you using.
GD-77 ?
GD-77S ?
DM-1801 ?
RD-5R ?

Are you receiving a signal from a repeater, or Hotspot, or a signal from a simplex signal?
If hotspot, is the hotspot simplex or duplex.
I'm using Radioddity GD77. I receive the signal from a duplex repeater. When the radio is in sleep mode after pressing PTT there is no sound signal (start, end)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:36 am

OK.

So you are saying that in Eco Level 1 - 4 there is not Tx Start beep.

What happens on simplex?

Note.
The radio will not enter the power saving for between 2 and 10 seconds after there is no signal and the radio has not been used and is not scanning and not in Dual Watch VFO.

e.g. If you have Eco Level 1, the radio will not go into power saving until 10 seconds after the repeater stops transmitting.

If you press PTT before 10 seconds, the radio is not doing anything different

SQ4FAE

Post by SQ4FAE » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:56 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:36 am
OK.

So you are saying that in Eco Level 1 - 4 there is not Tx Start beep.

What happens on simplex?

Note.
The radio will not enter the power saving for between 2 and 10 seconds after there is no signal and the radio has not been used and is not scanning and not in Dual Watch VFO.

e.g. If you have Eco Level 1, the radio will not go into power saving until 10 seconds after the repeater stops transmitting.

If you press PTT before 10 seconds, the radio is not doing anything different
Eco Level 1 - 4 there is not Tx Start beep.
I only use duplex mode on the repeater (mmdvm).
Sending on echotest dmrplus ID 9990 the radio does not receive the return signal (ecolevel 1-4)