[From May 29th] New ongoing "Development" version has been created

ve2ugo

Re: [From May 29th] New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by ve2ugo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:53 am

I had simplex and duplex channels. TGs in CPS did not have a TS. I set the TS just on the channel by adding the TG in the config.

On the radio, if I change a TS on a channel, all the channels change TS whether it is simplex or duplex ...

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:32 pm

ve2ugo wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:53 am
I had simplex and duplex channels. TGs in CPS did not have a TS. I set the TS just on the channel by adding the TG in the config.

On the radio, if I change a TS on a channel, all the channels change TS whether it is simplex or duplex ...
Normal.
I strongly suggest you to read the user manual
https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_UserGuide

ve2ugo

Post by ve2ugo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:22 pm

Do I understand that I cannot assign a TS to a channel without it changing to conform to the whole Zone it is in and that I absolutely must assign a TS to the TG?

No dmr radio works like this ...

Moreover, I can't do this, some TGs are in TS1 on the rptr and in TS2 on the HS simplex and others on the 2 TS ...

I want the TS to be assigned to the channel and that the TS to be changed only if I am on this channel and it does not affect all the channels ... Otherwise, it's totally useless to program any channels with different TGs ...

If I don't understand correctly, can you give me the exact information?

Merci!

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:14 pm

Hi,
ve2ugo wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:22 pm
Do I understand that I cannot assign a TS to a channel without it changing to conform to the whole Zone it is in and that I absolutely must assign a TS to the TG?

No dmr radio works like this ...

Moreover, I can't do this, some TGs are in TS1 on the rptr and in TS2 on the HS simplex and others on the 2 TS ...

I want the TS to be assigned to the channel and that the TS to be changed only if I am on this channel and it does not affect all the channels ... Otherwise, it's totally useless to program any channels with different TGs ...

If I don't understand correctly, can you give me the exact information?

Merci!
Yeah, but other DMR radio suck ;-), and this is why you need per CC or TS or Contact a channel on such radios. With this firmware, you need one channel per frequency.

The timeslot has override priority (from higher to lower):
  • Manual TS override (Start key)
  • Contact TS
  • Channel TS
So, if you press the Star key, it takes over all other TS settings (long press the Star key clear the TS override).
Manual override is a global setting (1 for the Channel mode, 1 for each VFO), hence once you override the TS in the channel screen, all channels will use this TS.

If you set the option I told you about (Display Options -> Info -> etc), you will know if you currently have an override or not.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

ve2ugo

Post by ve2ugo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:37 pm

At Option-Display-Info it is Off. Before he was at 2.
Now at OFF, I don't see any change ... All TS change when I click on star and no channels have kept their initial TS ...

I do not understand the usefulness of having a TS function which changes all the channels.

In short, if I want the channels to remain configured as in the CPS with the TS that I have registered, what do I do? I understand that * will change the TS, but if I configure a TS on a channel it means that I want it to stay that way and that I can change it when the time comes right?

ve2ugo

Post by ve2ugo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:42 pm

So the thing, if I have to make a change on a channel, I do it but after to find the initial config then I make a long click on * and you come back ... for the TS. If it's just the TG then it's the right arrow...

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:46 pm

ve2ugo wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:37 pm
At Option-Display-Info it is Off. Before he was at 2.
Now at OFF, I don't see any change ... All TS change when I click on star and no channels have kept their initial TS ...
Info's options aren't numerical, it's a word (TS, PWR, Both)
ve2ugo wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:37 pm
I do not understand the usefulness of having a TS function which changes all the channels.

In short, if I want the channels to remain configured as in the CPS with the TS that I have registered, what do I do? I understand that * will change the TS, but if I configure a TS on a channel it means that I want it to stay that way and that I can change it when the time comes right?
It is usefull, you just have the "bad habit" of how commercial DMR radios works.
With the OpenGD77 firmware, you don't need to have multiple channels for a DMR repeater. You only need:
  • a TG list (filled with your most used TGs)
  • one channel, with correct frequencies, a valid CC (but that's editable on the radio), using that TG list
  • Whatever TS you want, as you can change this setting on the fly (just like you can define whatever TG you want, using the keypad)
That's it.

The firmware will "respect" your CPS TS settings if you don't use the Star key in DMR.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:48 pm

ve2ugo wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:42 pm
So the thing, if I have to make a change on a channel, I do it but after to find the initial config then I make a long click on * and you come back ... for the TS. If it's just the TG then it's the right arrow...
Yes, clearing the TS override is done using Star long press.
Clearing the TG/PC override is done by change the selected contact (Left or Right arrow).

ve2ugo

Post by ve2ugo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:59 pm

I understand the benefits. It's just that I don't understand why it's all the channels that adopt a change that I make ... But hey, with the solution of making a long press on * to restore everything, that fixes my problem.

You did a great job. I'm just trying to figure out how it works and the logic of it. I lacked the knowledge of a function and what it involved ...

Merci de ton temps Daniel!

Au plaisir!.73!

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:15 pm

ve2ugo wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:59 pm
I understand the benefits. It's just that I don't understand why it's all the channels that adopt a change that I make ... But hey, with the solution of making a long press on * to restore everything, that fixes my problem.
It's not possible (or even pratical) to have one TS override per channel.
So, TG/PC and TS are global overrides.
ve2ugo wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:59 pm
You did a great job. I'm just trying to figure out how it works and the logic of it. I lacked the knowledge of a function and what it involved ...

Merci de ton temps Daniel!

Au plaisir!.73!
You will see the advantages soon. Did you read about the "short up" blue button (SK2) feature, while receiving ? You will find all that overriding stuff really useful ;-)

De rien, c'est avec plaisir.

Cheers.
---
Daniel