Open GD77 poor DMR RX

VK3KYY

Re: Open GD77 poor DMR RX

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:31 pm

KD6PLW wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:13 pm
Hi G0FAJ,

Did you ever find a solution for this poor DMR RX? I'm having this issue on a local DMR repeater that I have a fairly good signal from. I am running the latest firmware. I was hoping maybe there was setting that might correct the issue. I'm having the issue on 2 DM-1701s that I have here.

Thanks,
KD6PLW
Like I said in my previous posts.

The RF chipset in these radios is susceptible to interferance of various sorts, and there is nothing that can be done about it.

You could possibly try manually adjusting the frequency in 100Hz steps , up and down, in case the frequency calibration of your local repeater does not match your radio, but that's about all you can do.

g0faj

Post by g0faj » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:18 am

HI KD6PLW.. NO , I AM STILL LOOKING AT POSSIBLY THE CALIBRATION SET OP OR DOWNLOADING THE MOST RECENT FIRMWARE , BUT AM HAVING DIFFICULTY AS iM NOT VERY AU FAIT WITH THIS DIGITAL STUFF...IM A BIT OF A LUDDITE !! 73

g0faj

Post by g0faj » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:21 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:31 pm
KD6PLW wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:13 pm
Hi G0FAJ,

Did you ever find a solution for this poor DMR RX? I'm having this issue on a local DMR repeater that I have a fairly good signal from. I am running the latest firmware. I was hoping maybe there was setting that might correct the issue. I'm having the issue on 2 DM-1701s that I have here.

Thanks,
KD6PLW
Like I said in my previous posts.

The RF chipset in these radios is susceptible to interferance of various sorts, and there is nothing that can be done about it.

You could possibly try manually adjusting the frequency in 100Hz steps , up and down, in case the frequency calibration of your local repeater does not match your radio, but that's about all you can do.
I will try the calibration as it seems to be a problem with all channels.. I am not very au fait with digital and am having problems updating the firmware to the most recent one, but Ill keep trying. Thankyou for your help. 73