github frozen ?

Discussions related to the firmware code development
ok1pt

github frozen ?

Post by ok1pt » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:45 pm

Hi!
I would like to pull changes in the development branch to test the new DTMF sending, power setting per channel etc. But it seems that github isn't updated.
The development branch shows "Add dutch language and make minor changes to french, italian and german " as the last commit and my local git repo "git log" tells me the same and git pull tells that I'm up-to-date.
Is it neccessary to do something special ? Or is it ghe github problem ?
WIth regards & 73, Pavel

VK3KYY

Re: github frozen ?

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:51 pm

Unstable code is not committed to Github

However language files are committed to allow the translators to view and check the files.
Documentation mistakes are also corrected, as my repo is the primary source of the User Guide
Some other peripheral files like build scripts are also sometimes updated.

ok1pt

Post by ok1pt » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:05 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:51 pm
Hi Roger!
Oh, I didn't know this, I thought that the development branch is there to keep the code under development, which may be unstable by nature :-).
I wanted to continue on the DTMF things, and now I'm cut off :-). And even more strange seems to me to make a release but keep the old source in it (I downloaded the source of D2020.10.04 and the last changes were not there).
So, can we make a new branch, something like "unstable", and let it make available for online development by committing all the progress immediately ?
With regards / 73,
Pavel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:40 am

ok1pt wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:05 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:51 pm
Hi Roger!
Oh, I didn't know this, I thought that the development branch is there to keep the code under development, which may be unstable by nature :-).
I wanted to continue on the DTMF things, and now I'm cut off :-). And even more strange seems to me to make a release but keep the old source in it (I downloaded the source of D2020.10.04 and the last changes were not there).
So, can we make a new branch, something like "unstable", and let it make available for online development by committing all the progress immediately ?
With regards / 73,
Pavel
No.

Sorry, I've tried this in the past, including unstable branches and it didn't work for me.

Committing unstable code eventually caused all sorts of versioning issue with the various forks.
I no longer have time to cope with this level of complication, so I am no longer committing unstable code.

ok1pt

Post by ok1pt » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:30 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:40 am

No.

Sorry, I've tried this in the past, including unstable branches and it didn't work for me.

Committing unstable code eventually caused all sorts of versioning issue with the various forks.
I no longer have time to cope with this level of complication, so I am no longer committing unstable code.
Ok, I understand. So, could you be so kind and send me the diff between official development branch and your private repo, to patch it manually to my local repo and build this code as well ?

With regards, Pavel