APRS beacon testers needed

Discussions related to the firmware code development
SA0BUX

Re: APRS beacon testers needed

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:51 am

How does the GPS log setting work ?

Yesterday when I out walking I had the log activated and I got a good track on aprs.fi but today I tried download data via CPS, but nothing
was saved in the prompted directory.

Is data cleared if you disable GPS or APRS ?

Some of my moves where via subway and tram.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (207.31 KiB) Viewed 1065 times

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:50 pm

SA0BUX wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:51 am
When the GPS is set to Log it should constantly log data, however I only tested by turning the log on and off at the beginning and end of when I wanted to log

The log should automatically be opened and closed when the radio is turned on and off, if log is enabled, however I didn't test this recently.

I will retest the logging.

FYI.

The log uses 2Mb of the Flash memory, as a cyclic buffer. Every time logging is started, a marker is saved to the flash memory, and then the G*RMC lines are logged every second, and once per minute all NMEA lines are logged for 1 second.
I don't log all NMEA lines all the time, because it consumes too much memory and normally its not important to record the other NMEA lines e.g. the satellite RSSI data.

When the CPS reads the NMEA data from the radio it reads all 2Mb and searches for the Start and End markers for each individual log, and saves each log as a separate file.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:33 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:50 pm
SA0BUX wrote:
When the GPS is set to Log it should constantly log data, however I only tested by turning the log on and off at the beginning and end of when I wanted to log

The log should automatically be opened and closed when the radio is turned on and off, if log is enabled, however I didn't test this recently.

FYI.

The log uses 2Mb of the Flash memory, as a cyclic buffer. Every time logging is started, a marker is saved to the flash memory, and then the G*RMC lines are logged every second, and once per minute all NMEA lines are logged for 1 second.
I don't log all NMEA lines all the time, because it consumes too much memory and normally its not important to record the other NMEA lines e.g. the satellite RSSI data.

When the CPS reads the NMEA data from the radio it reads all 2Mb and searches for the Start and End markers for each individual log, and saves each log as a separate file.
Thanks, got a log for yesterday (2023-10-08) but I couldn't plot via downloads/map.html
But it worked fine with https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:43 am

SA0BUX wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:33 am
VK3KYY wrote:
SA0BUX wrote:

FYI.

Thanks, got a log for yesterday (2023-10-08) but I couldn't plot via downloads/map.html
I forgot to update the map viewer to handle some changes I made to the data
Can you try this updated page

downloads/mapviewer/

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:06 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:43 am
SA0BUX wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:33 am
VK3KYY wrote:

FYI.

I forgot to update the map viewer to handle some changes I made to the data
Can you try this updated page

downloads/mapviewer/
Same, just a grey window, I tried with Chrome,Edge and Firefox.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:24 am

Did you see the file selector on the right

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:41 am

You have to load the file first.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:53 am

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:41 am
You have to load the file first.
I clicked on Browse and selected the NMEA file that was downloaded via CPS.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (60.02 KiB) Viewed 953 times

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:58 am

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (99.01 KiB) Viewed 952 times

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:19 am

I'm not sure why you are getting that error.

I'm using Firefox and it works fine for me

Line 41 is

let s = nmea.split(".");

in

Code: Select all

function getDegs(nmea)
{
    let s = nmea.split(".");
    let d = s[0];

let degs = d.substr(0, d.length - 2);
    return parseFloat(degs);
}