How to develop within OpenGD77

Discussions related to the firmware code development
PR7LDR

How to develop within OpenGD77

Post by PR7LDR » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:05 pm

Hi, folks! Hope you are doing well...

I could not figure out where are the sources, nor were they are hosted... How do I do to contribute, do pull requests or similar things? there is a Github account or similar workplace?

I am seeing several pieces of code spread above several threads, so is difficult to get involved...

Can you point me the needed steps to code within the project? Is this project open source?

Where can I get the sources for DM-1701, for example? I have this radio, and want to play coding with it.

Thanks for your comments.

VK3KYY

Re: How to develop within OpenGD77

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:04 pm

PR7LDR

Re: How to develop within OpenGD77

Post by PR7LDR » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:27 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:04 pm
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2742
Roger, I have read viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1565, so now I have more doubts than before... Initially I thought the project was open, in the literal sense of the openness word.

But now I know that it is the work of you and few people, so I kindly thank you all for your efforts. And too, now I know that you can close it with no advice...

I noticed you are too busy with your own life, so I am worried about the future of the project. Sure, it is YOUR work... but it is important to the ham community too.

I hope that there are solutions for this in the future. I would not like to see the project disappearing.