ALPHA version - Known problems

M7PKY

Re: ALPHA version - Known problems

Post by M7PKY » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:04 am

None of the UK voice prompt VPR files work. Uploaded each one and none of them present the option as shown in the manual.

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:43 pm

The rotary knob fitted to the MDUV380 is not of very good quality. It is not uncommon to get spurious pulses or lack of pulses. There is probably not much you can do about it. You could try tightening or loosening the fixing nut for the control. That can sometimes 'bend' the control slightly and make it work differently.

I have just check the voice prompts and they are working OK. I am using "english_uk_amy-1.25.vpr"

Colin G4EML

M7PKY

Post by M7PKY » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:32 pm

G4EML wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:43 pm
The rotary knob fitted to the MDUV380 is not of very good quality. It is not uncommon to get spurious pulses or lack of pulses. There is probably not much you can do about it. You could try tightening or loosening the fixing nut for the control. That can sometimes 'bend' the control slightly and make it work differently.

I have just check the voice prompts and they are working OK. I am using "english_uk_amy-1.25.vpr"

Colin G4EML
Hi there Colin,

Please could you link to where you got your voice prompt file? I downloaded all of mine from https://github.com/LibreDMR/voice-promp ... 1.01.19.01 which are the ones that didn't work.

Thank you!

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:41 pm

Downloaded from the latest releases.

downloads/releases/R2022022801/voice_prompts/

Colin G4EML

g8tpx

Re: ALPHA version - scanning problem

Post by g8tpx » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:50 pm

Hi,

Timeslot filtering = off seems to work when I am on a DMR channel (it finds signal on either TS), but when scanning my local list of repeaters (mix of FM and DMR) it does not seems to work unless I have preselected the correct timeslot for the received signal. Not sure if this is a limitation or bug ?

TS Filter=Off
CC Scan=Off
DMR Filter = None
Using 24th october build on RT-3S

Otherwise build looks very good - well impressed with functionality and ease.

thanks
John

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 pm

John G8TPX,

Scanning does work with the timeslot filter turned off, I have just tested it while scanning my local repeaters. However it can take a little while for the radio to detect the correct timeslot in this mode. So you may occasionally miss short transmissions.
You may find it is more reliable at a slower scan speed. Adjust the Scan Dwell setting in the Radio Options menu. This is the amount of time the radio spends on each channel while scanning.

If you do a lot of scanning and want the best scan performance I would suggest having a separate channel for each timeslot and leaving the timeslot filter turned on.

Colin G4EML

newbie01

Post by newbie01 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:34 pm

I'm not sure what precisely caused this issue, but I discovered an issue with hanging on 'boot'.

I do use the password option as well as a boot image. This seemed to work fine, but shortly after loading a DMR ID database it *seemed* like the boot image was overwritten causing this hang for roughly 3-5 minutes every time the radio was powered on. Loading the boot image again seemed to solve the problem.

Just thought I'd let the devs know....

Cheers!

g8tpx

Post by g8tpx » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:17 am

Colin

Many thanks - your fix works.

Scanning everywhere now :-)

John

G4EML wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 pm
John G8TPX,

Scanning does work with the timeslot filter turned off, I have just tested it while scanning my local repeaters. However it can take a little while for the radio to detect the correct timeslot in this mode. So you may occasionally miss short transmissions.
You may find it is more reliable at a slower scan speed. Adjust the Scan Dwell setting in the Radio Options menu. This is the amount of time the radio spends on each channel while scanning.

If you do a lot of scanning and want the best scan performance I would suggest having a separate channel for each timeslot and leaving the timeslot filter turned on.

Colin G4EML

EU1AEQ

Post by EU1AEQ » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:55 am

Hello.
Please do manual control of the backlight.
Manual Display backlight is toggled on and off by pressing the Black button (SK1).

EU1AEQ

Post by EU1AEQ » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:44 pm

G4EML wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:25 am
Some confusion here I think... P3 is a front panel button on the MD9600. This thread is however for the MDUV380.
Yes, perhaps. I've been thinking for a long time which button can be called P3 in RT3S))))).
The backlight does not turn on manually.