Connecting to CPS problem

SP7BRUH

Connecting to CPS problem

Post by SP7BRUH » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:23 pm

Hi, now I have a bigger problem. My radio (TYT MD-UV380) is half-freezing when I trying to upload something to it. By „half-freezing” I mean that the radio react for ex. buttons click but only to „wake up” screen. I can’t change channel or anything else. On PC I see just „Error connecting to the radio”. I looked for this device in Device Manager and I was suprised, because device had good drivers. My next move was reinstall CPS, and it didn’t help too. I restart my PC and it still doesn’t work correctly. Radio normally shuts down with goodbye screen and normally starts and works. I’m sure for that I correctly connect programming cable. Does anybody had same problem?

SP7BRUH

Re: Connecting to CPS problem

Post by SP7BRUH » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:43 pm

I managed to solve the problem. It turned out that I accidentally set "GPS: NMEA" on the radio instead of "GPS: ON". Changing this setting to "ON" or "OFF" allowed CPS to be used again to win the codeplug. (I'm not sure if I wrote the settings correctly, my radio is set in Polish)

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:13 pm

When set to NMEA the radio uses the USB port to output the GPS sentences so that they can be used by another device.
As you found, when in this mode the CPS communication can be affected.

I know that Roger looked into this but was unable to come up with a reliable way to make both modes compatible.

Colin G4EML.

PU4BLA

Post by PU4BLA » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:48 am

Dear,

thanks for the new information for me

Regards