DMR APRS

EA7KLK

Re: DMR APRS

Post by EA7KLK » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:40 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:37 pm
I double checked and my BM SelfCare and the radio Brand is set to ETSI and In-Call GPS is turned on
I think you need to turn it to the "Chinese Radio" option.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:02 pm

EA7KLK wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:40 pm
VK3KYY wrote:
I double checked and my BM SelfCare and the radio Brand is set to ETSI and In-Call GPS is turned on
With "Chinese Radio" it's not possible to enable "In-Call GPS" in BM Selfcare.
I have tested with both ETSI & Motorola + enabled "In-Call GPS" ,on the channel on the radio I have TA TX TSx = APRS or Both.
This updates https://aprs.fi according to locations I defined in Radio Info when sending to my pi-star and a DMR repeater.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:54 pm

SA0BUX wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:02 pm
EA7KLK wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:40 pm
VK3KYY wrote:
With "Chinese Radio" it's not possible to enable "In-Call GPS" in BM Selfcare.
I have tested with both ETSI & Motorola + enabled "In-Call GPS" ,on the channel on the radio I have TA TX TSx = APRS or Both.
This updates https://aprs.fi according to locations I defined in Radio Info when sending to my pi-star and a DMR repeater.
I think originally that selecting "Chinese Radio" allowed "In-Call GPS" however, it seems that Brandmeister may have changed their servers, so that only the ETSI and some other settings allow "In-Call GPS"

Note. The reason BM requires the "Brand" to be set, becuase different manufacturers use different protocols for this data.
e.g. Motorola often use their own private proprietary data protocol / format for many of their features

R9OBQ

Post by R9OBQ » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:19 pm

Good afternoon.
I propose an idea how to implement dmr aprs beacon in In-Call GPS mode. It will not be correct, not right, but quite working. Just checked the idea, personal call to ***999 (in Russia 250999) is perfectly decoded by BM servers and sent to aprs network. It remains to force Opengd with the frequency of existing settings of "analog aprs" to make an automatic personal call to ***999 with silence (perhaps through the known registers HRC6000 can turn off the microphone or make it as silent as possible) for the duration necessary for the transmission of In-Call GPS data.