why this error? 12340002

SA0BUX

Re: why this error? 12340002

Post by SA0BUX » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:52 pm

Update , I have now installed a computer with Turkish Windows 10 Home 64 bit 22H2 and also the ESET Smart Premium Security.

Then I installed OpenGD77CPSInstaller_R2023.07.25.01.exe and the STM Dfuse packet with DFU driver from en.stsw-stm32080.zip (Downloaded from ST.com )

Then I tried flash a DM-1701/RT84 radio and got the same error as you and other TA hams.
So I was able to reproduce the fault.

After that I tried disabling ESET components but that didn't made any difference.

After that I Installed US English language kit in this Turkish windows and changed Windows language to US English.

NOW was I able to flash the radio !

After that I changed back to Turkish as Windows Display Language and tried a flash again and got the error again.
So I suggest that you add English (United States) in Windows Language and select it and try flash your radio with OpenGD77.

OE1MWW

Post by OE1MWW » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:02 pm

SA0BUX wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:52 pm
So I suggest that you add English (United States) in Windows Language and select it and try flash your radio with OpenGD77.
That would surprise me ;-)
I am using Windows 10 (and an old Windows 7) PC, both Windows are 'German language' versions, no extras installed.

Did not have any problems for my GD77 and RT3S on both PC

Open a command window and type 'intl.cpl', compare Turkish and English settings.
You can do that without extra installation. Try to use OpenGD77 by setting 'English format'.
Also use at the bottom the right button for more settings in decimals etc.
Could be that date, time, or comma separion settings making the difference.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:03 pm

OE1MWW wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:02 pm
SA0BUX wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:52 pm
That would surprise me ;-)
I am using Windows 10 (and an old Windows 7) PC, both Windows are 'German language' versions, no extras installed.

Did not have any problems for my GD77 and RT3S on both PC

Open a command window and type 'intl.cpl', compare Turkish and English settings.
You can do that without extra installation. Try to use OpenGD77 by setting 'English format'.
Also use at the bottom the right button for more settings in decimals etc.
Could be that date, time, or comma separion settings making the difference.
For DFU mode flashing?

This is the CPS talking to the ST DFU driver and transferring a binary file.

I have not problems myself (but I use US/UK almost for everything) but we have around 10 Turkish amateurs that have been unable to to flash their radios with OpendGD77.

So I promised to try to reproduce it by installing a Turkish Windows, which I was able to do now when I got another Intel NUC.

I don't think this error message has been reported by anyone else outside Turkey.

OE1MWW

Post by OE1MWW » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:37 pm

SA0BUX wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:03 pm
For DFU mode flashing?
Fully agree, it's binary transfer. But who knows, what that DFU driver is touching / checking.
But it must be something with settings (language).
Would be worth to just change the settings in 'intl.cpl' to English and try again.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:21 pm

OE1MWW wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:37 pm
SA0BUX wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:03 pm
For DFU mode flashing?
Fully agree, it's binary transfer. But who knows, what that DFU driver is touching / checking.
But it must be something with settings (language).
Would be worth to just change the settings in 'intl.cpl' to English and try again.
Yes, as I said I will make more tests now when I could reproduce it.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:53 am

SA0BUX wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:21 pm
So this is something that only happens when Turkish language is selected ?

How did you test this. Did you do a clean install on a new machine with Turkish only ?

Or did you add Turkish to an existing Windows installation

If both Turkish and English are installed and English is selected as the current language, does this problem still occur

The firmware loader uses the official STM DFU DLL file and just calls some simple functions like Connect, and Upload data in the DLL

The error which is reported could be when either the Erase command is used or the command to set current configuration

The set current configation command sends 2 bytes of TYT specific data to the bootloader in the radio which then allows the MCU to be written to.

Anyway. If simply installing the Turkish language onto an English version shows the error, then we could try to reproduce the problem, however the bug may be in the STM DLL

I wonder if the official TYT firmware loader works OK on Turkish systems.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:25 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:53 am
SA0BUX wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:21 pm
So this is something that only happens when Turkish language is selected ?

How did you test this. Did you do a clean install on a new machine with Turkish only ?
I used MediaCreationTool22H2.exe (https://www.microsoft.com/software-download) from Microsoft to download a ISO file with a Turkish 64 bit Windows Installation.
Or did you add Turkish to an existing Windows installation

If both Turkish and English are installed and English is selected as the current language, does this problem still occur
I started with a Turkish only installation on a Intel NUC , I also added ESET antivirus as some Turkish ham on the Facebook group used that.
(Had to use Google Translate camera a bit to handle Windows)

Then I added the latest OpenGD77 CPS and I also installed STM DFuse (STSW-STM32080 package) to get the DFU drivers.
And then I got the "STDFU_SelectCurrentConfiguration" error when I tried to flash a DM-1701.
I tested with some of the ESET antivirus settings as my first idea was that the problem was related to ESET but I don't think it's related.
( I plan to uninstall ESET and test again)

Now I used the "Language settings" in Windows and added "English (United States)" and selected that as "Windows Display Language" and
now I could flash the radio.
Changed back to Turkish display language and the error code returned.
The firmware loader uses the official STM DFU DLL file and just calls some simple functions like Connect, and Upload data in the DLL

The error which is reported could be when either the Erase command is used or the command to set current configuration

The set current configation command sends 2 bytes of TYT specific data to the bootloader in the radio which then allows the MCU to be written to.

Anyway. If simply installing the Turkish language onto an English version shows the error, then we could try to reproduce the problem, however the bug may be in the STM DLL
I wonder if the official TYT firmware loader works OK on Turkish systems.
I can try install the original software package for DM-1701 as it seems that I have both the flash and calibration backup.

In addition I will try with other Windows installations (Like US English) and add Turkish to that one to see what happens.

But every reinstall takes some time so it can take a while.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:48 am

Thanks.

Did you test before you installed that antivirus

If I get time I may try adding Turkish as a language to my PC, which is installed as US English

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:51 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:48 am
Thanks.

If I get time I may try adding Turkish as a language to my PC, which is installed as US English
No, I missed that, maybe I will redo the Windows installation without any third party antivirus software.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:57 am

SA0BUX wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:51 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:48 am
Thanks.

No, I missed that, maybe I will redo the Windows installation without any third party antivirus software.
OK.

Can't you try uninstalling the AntiVirus first

If it them works when Turkish is selected, then the problem is the AntiVirus

if however it still does not work in Turkish, you would need to do another clean install, becuause there is no guarantee, that uninstalling the AntiVirus has actually uninstalled all its changes.
For programs like AntiVirus they make may changes to the Windows system and are very hard to completely remove