RT3S calling itself, DMR ID Doubled

KO7TER

RT3S calling itself, DMR ID Doubled

Post by KO7TER » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:28 pm

So i flashed my RT3S with the OpenGD77 Firmware and i can hear other people on DMR but no one can hear me and upon further inspection on the Last Heard page of the repeater im using it shows my DMR ID twice in the format of "xxxxxxx,xxxxxxx" and on the brandmeister dashboard it shows me calling myself when i transmit, tried everything including reflashing the radio and using the newest firmware that dropped today with the newest spc, still nothing, any help would be greatly appreciated, i did triple check my codeplug, and even had friends help me triplecheck my codeplug, no idea

G4EML

Re: RT3S calling itself, DMR ID Doubled

Post by G4EML » Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:11 pm

That sounds like you are sending a private call to your own ID.

Check your codeplug has the talkgroups correctly defined and selected.

You could also try pressing # and entering a talkgroup number directly which should override any error in the codeplug.

Otherwise post your codeplug here so that it can be checked.

Colin G4EML

KO7TER

Post by KO7TER » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:41 am

i did double check and triple check the codeplug it wasnt that, i ended up fixing it by restoring the radio to stock configuration and reflashing it the open gd77 software,so i at least got it working now, i think the other issue is a network limitation of the network im on as i dont have a hotspot yet, but anyways it seems to be working now, love the project

73's

2E0KZP

Post by 2E0KZP » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:12 pm

Same problem here. Can't find any issues with my code plug. Will try what you suggest, but I don't get how that worked.

n6io

Post by n6io » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:24 pm

I have seen a few times upgrades apparently change the format of the code plug in memory. I had to reset, then load the code plug fresh. Not just this radio - happened to my Anytone and my K5.