Need help with Retevis RT3S

F1RMB

Re: Need help with Retevis RT3S

Post by F1RMB » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:23 am

Completely unrelated. The settings reset was advised many posts back...

UB2FBK

Post by UB2FBK » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:04 pm

Friends, after manipulating the firmware, the radio stopped working for transmission. In analogue, the carrier frequency is transmitted without sound.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:29 pm

UB2FBK wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:04 pm
Friends, after manipulating the firmware, the radio stopped working for transmission. In analogue, the carrier frequency is transmitted without sound.
I've no idea what you mean by "Manipulating the firmware", but I guess you mean, you changed something and now its no working

This is an obvious case of User Error.

Change the radio back to its default settings and also try loading an empty / default codeplug, then start again.

UB2FBK

Post by UB2FBK » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:59 pm

Dear Friend. I did as you said. But nothing has changed. When you press a call, there is a signal, but speech is not transmitted through the microphone. Perhaps I did something wrong during the firmware and eventually return to the native firmware. I need help connecting remotely to my computer. I can't handle it on my own

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:15 am

UB2FBK wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:59 pm
Dear Friend. I did as you said. But nothing has changed. When you press a call, there is a signal, but speech is not transmitted through the microphone. Perhaps I did something wrong during the firmware and eventually return to the native firmware. I need help connecting remotely to my computer. I can't handle it on my own
Explain exactly step my step what you did.

UB2FBK

Post by UB2FBK » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:09 am

First I flashed OpenGD77, then I lost sound on the transmission. Returned to normal firmware. There is still no sound. However, the presence of a transmission signal is present when receiving on other radio stations. We will communicate for so long and it will not lead to results. Can you watch remotely? The most interesting thing is that the sound disappeared after I wrote down the names of the id of my region in memory.
I have already encountered various problems several times when updating firmware on opengd77 and returned back to the native firmware, but this time it did not work out. It was possible to return more accurately, but the problem with voice transmission on the air did not disappear.My answers will not help you, because I was in a hurry and I don’t remember exactly what and how I did and this will not help you. Maybe instead of asking questions, just connect to my computer?

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:37 am

It could be the microphone socket has failed when you plugged in the programming cable to do the update and the internal microphone is no longer connected.
If you have an external speaker / microphone then try that.

UB2FBK

Post by UB2FBK » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:43 am

you were right. I thought about this too.What to do now? can I write to the seller of the radio?