Baofeng DM-1701 no comunication pc w10.

ea5jol

Baofeng DM-1701 no comunication pc w10.

Post by ea5jol » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:25 pm

Hello.
I have purchased a Baofeng DM1701, when I connect it to my PC, which is Windows 10, it detects it as a sound device whether I turn it on in normal mode or if I turn it on in DFU mode. I have read that Windows 10 has problems when interpreting this walkie.
The problem is that neither opengd77 nor cps DM1701 v1.05 detect the correct port and I cannot configure the walkie to use it.
I have read all the posts about it, I have tried to install all the drivers on the web for this problem without success. The cable seems correct, I bought it for that model, but I cannot check if the pins are correct since I do not have a connection diagram for reference. I just need to try another cable or change the walkie for another one.
what dou you recommend?
Thank you very much in advance. I don't know what to do, I find myself without alternatives for the PC to recognize it.

VK3KYY

Re: Baofeng DM-1701 no comunication pc w10.

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:22 pm

ea5jol wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:25 pm
Hello.
I have purchased a Baofeng DM1701, when I connect it to my PC, which is Windows 10, it detects it as a sound device whether I turn it on in normal mode or if I turn it on in DFU mode. I have read that Windows 10 has problems when interpreting this walkie.
The problem is that neither opengd77 nor cps DM1701 v1.05 detect the correct port and I cannot configure the walkie to use it.
I have read all the posts about it, I have tried to install all the drivers on the web for this problem without success. The cable seems correct, I bought it for that model, but I cannot check if the pins are correct since I do not have a connection diagram for reference. I just need to try another cable or change the walkie for another one.
what dou you recommend?
Thank you very much in advance. I don't know what to do, I find myself without alternatives for the PC to recognize it.
DFU mode is only for loading firmware. In this mode you need to have the correct STM DFU driver installed. Normally Windows 10 installs the correct driver but occasionally it installs an incompatible driver

The correct driver can be downloaded from here

downloads/drivers/Dfuse_3.0.6_drivers.zip

See my video about installing the firmware on the MD2017, the DM-1701 uses the same loading system

youtu.be/ZvFfMJ_FyUI

Only after the OpenGD77 firmware is installand and running will the radio appear as a COM port, using the driver association installed by the OpenGD77CPS

ea5jol

Re: Baofeng DM-1701 no comunication pc w10.

Post by ea5jol » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 am

hello.
Thanks a million, I have installed the driver, then I have followed the steps in the video and I now have the open gd77 working, I need to add the analog and digital repeaters, little by little. a big hug!!!! We will continue sharing experiences in this wonderful forum