"Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

User avatar
DL1GG
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:18 pm
Location: Rheine, Germany
Contact:

"Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

Post by DL1GG » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:19 pm

This is not about voice prompts, but about beep prompts. I hope that it's okay to put that in here anyways.

I like the "Talker" signalling option as it has the valuable "heads up" effect if some activity arises, but I don't want to have the keypad/input/feedback beeps at the same time. But if you switch "Prompt" to "Silent" you have no more audible signalling at all unfortunately. All other signalling options in the "Sound options" menu then switch to "N/A".

It might be a good idea, to separate the ideas of having keypad/input/feedback prompt beeps from the other valuable signalling beeps.

Even the manual says for the Prompt/Silent option "The radio does not provide any audio feedback to button". So the scope of the option seem to be the feedback part only and that whole manual section doesn't say, that you'll lose all audible event signalling, if you go for silent prompting.

Any thought on that?


Besides that, have a nice weekend you all!

Manuel

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 2463
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France

Re: "Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

Post by F1RMB » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:39 pm

DL1GG wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:19 pm
This is not about voice prompts, but about beep prompts. I hope that it's okay to put that in here anyways.

I like the "Talker" signalling option as it has the valuable "heads up" effect if some activity arises, but I don't want to have the keypad/input/feedback beeps at the same time. But if you switch "Prompt" to "Silent" you have no more audible signalling at all unfortunately. All other signalling options in the "Sound options" menu then switch to "N/A".

It might be a good idea, to separate the ideas of having keypad/input/feedback prompt beeps from the other valuable signalling beeps.

Even the manual says for the Prompt/Silent option "The radio does not provide any audio feedback to button". So the scope of the option seem to be the feedback part only and that whole manual section doesn't say, that you'll lose all audible event signalling, if you go for silent prompting.

Any thought on that?


Besides that, have a nice weekend you all!

Manuel
Prompt option can be read as "Audio Assist" (what is was long ago, before voice support).
So, if you want it silent, you got it ;) .
About the beep option, at the moment beeps are enable, all beeps. Soon, key beeps and all other beeps will be 2 separate options (and to be clear for people who asked about beeps craziness, there won't be any more settings/granularity about beeps).


Cheers.
---
Daniel

User avatar
DL1GG
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:18 pm
Location: Rheine, Germany
Contact:

Re: "Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

Post by DL1GG » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:02 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:39 pm
About the beep option, at the moment beeps are enable, all beeps. Soon, key beeps and all other beeps will be 2 separate options
That's wonderful!
F1RMB wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:39 pm
(and to be clear for people who asked about beeps craziness, there won't be any more settings/granularity about beeps).
So there never will be a real roger beep? Awww... :lol:

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 2463
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France

Re: "Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

Post by F1RMB » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:09 pm

DL1GG wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:02 pm
So there never will be a real roger beep? Awww... :lol:
Errrr, no, never :D

N1LSJ
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:45 am

Re: "Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

Post by N1LSJ » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:00 pm

Has this been done yet? I don't "see" it and am wondering if I somehow missed it. I was very sad :( when I disabled the sounds and my power-on song also stopped working :mrgreen:

VE4HTO
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 27, 2023 11:09 pm

Re: "Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

Post by VE4HTO » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:25 pm

N1LSJ wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:00 pm
Has this been done yet? I don't "see" it and am wondering if I somehow missed it. I was very sad :( when I disabled the sounds and my power-on song also stopped working :mrgreen:
If you set your channels to no beep, nothing will ever beep, no TX timer etc. -but the "power-on song' still works :) :lol:

N1LSJ
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:45 am

Re: "Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

Post by N1LSJ » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:42 am

VE4HTO wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:25 pm
If you set your channels to no beep, nothing will ever beep, no TX timer etc. -but the "power-on song' still works :) :lol:
Not sure what you're trying to say but:
Found it!
"Options", "Sound Options", "Prompt"
Set that to "No Keys", other options are "Beep" and "Silent"

S58SMS
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:00 am

Re: "Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

Post by S58SMS » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:31 pm

I'm still waiting for custom tx and rx sounds, this would be a nice future to make beeps like motorola or hytera...

OE1MWW
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:20 pm
Location: JN88EG
Contact:

Re: "Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

Post by OE1MWW » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:06 am

S58SMS wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:31 pm
I'm still waiting for custom tx and rx sounds, this would be a nice future to make beeps like motorola or hytera...
Motorola & Hytera are aiming the commercial market. Truck drivers and excavator drivers, they need those sounds
in their noisy environment.

OpenGD77 is for Ham radio usage, written by volunteers in their free time. Don't think many Ham radio operators
having an ultimate demand for fancy beeps and bongs. ;-)

S58SMS
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:00 am

Re: "Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

Post by S58SMS » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:29 am

Lol, but they have ultimate demand for a fancy colour screen, which can be fancy edited as you wish in cps or also directly in the radio (as it have unlimited space :lol: ) and you can also join a special fancy topic on a forum where you can share your fancy artistic screen product. :geek: :geek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also intro beeps can be edites, this is also not fancy to you? I have also seen a special topic, when you can share intro beeps.
Also, HAMs cant be in noisy environments? Cars, trucks, cities... :?: :?: :shock:

Post Reply