"Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

F1RMB

Re: "Prompt" to "Silent" disables all audio signalling options

Post by F1RMB » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:52 am

S58SMS wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:29 am
Lol, but they have ultimate demand for a fancy colour screen, which can be fancy edited as you wish in cps or also directly in the radio (as it have unlimited space :lol: ) and you can also join a special fancy topic on a forum where you can share your fancy artistic screen product. :geek: :geek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also intro beeps can be edites, this is also not fancy to you? I have also seen a special topic, when you can share intro beeps.
Also, HAMs cant be in noisy environments? Cars, trucks, cities... :?: :?: :shock:
LOL, yeah. I've already explained you multiple times why this won't happen, but you don't want to understand.
You have no idea how theme works in the firmware, even if I already told you (128 bytes (+ 16 bytes for headers) in the flash, in total, on colour platforms), and only few bytes are remaining free.

Once again, you're free to grab the latest released code and implement it yourself (and deal with constaints).

But wait, you can also get an Hytera or Motorola transceiver, you will have your beloved tones. Easy.

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:42 am

I have already changed it in an open source, but as fw is developing with new features, i cannot include it into yet.
I was just saying, that it would be a nice feature to add it into cps, so we would not need to corect the code, just as its theme edit option. Saying that it is fancy, but on the other hand i am seeing competition, who has more clourful theme is just silly. :roll: :evil:

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:54 am

One thing you're forgetting is, adding user tone will triple the needed storage (RAM and ROM) for this, but we're still counting bytes (look, I had to remove the 17 embedded languages to keep 1+1 only, because we were so short).
We're constantly optimizing the code to keep it as small and efficient as possible, to be able to add new stuff (look, language stripping down permitted us to add APRS TX support, and I can tell that's a nice feature that many Ham are using, even if it's TX only at the moment).
When I added the theme support, I tried to make it to have a low memory footprint, but in the end it's not that bad. I added also other small feature if they are not impacting too much the remaining free space (you know, adding ONE option have bad side effects, as one or more language string are needed, one or more voice prompts are also needed, regardless of the needed code to manage that new option).

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:48 pm

Totally understandable. Its a pitty we are so limited with space. It is how it is, so i guess ill have to make the harder way.