Localisation support (foreign languages)

User avatar
EA3BIL
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:38 pm
Location: Terrassa. BCN.
Contact:

Re: Localisation support (foreign languages)

Post by EA3BIL » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:21 am

F1RMB wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:01 am
F1RMB wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:52 am
EA3BIL wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:46 pm

Daniel,

I can't find .trackball at CPS files... Maybe at "On Screen" files ??


Anyway,
CPS language files ES & CAT needed to have the last two lines translated, as they were not.

Please, find attached the ZIP with both them.

Cheers,
Rafa.
Hmmmm, it looks weird, the Spanish.xml file is a step backward in translations (introduces back many english word, removes you from credits, etc).

I'm attaching the very latest version here.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
Hi Rafa,

Any update about this ?


Cheers.
---
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

It's on its way...

I had personal issues I had to address.

:roll:

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France

Re: Localisation support (foreign languages)

Post by F1RMB » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:25 am

EA3BIL wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:21 am

Hi Daniel,

It's on its way...

I had personal issues I had to address.

:roll:
Hi Rafa,

Oh, okay, no worries. I was just afraid I had lost the track ;-)

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY
Posts: 7588
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Localisation support (foreign languages)

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:58 pm

YO3IDG wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 pm
Attached the reworked translation to romanian.
Hi

Ideally we need Romanian versions of the voice prompts and the CPS.

See

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3884&p=30180#p30180

For the data files


With the voice prompts however, this may not be practical becasue the Text To Speech service we use does not list Romanian

https://ttsmp3.com/

Most sites use Amazon Polly as the backend, and AFIK it does not support Romanian either.
But perhaps one of the other voices may be suitable, especially if you use some phonetic codes in the texts.

YO3IDG
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:01 pm

Re: Localisation support (foreign languages)

Post by YO3IDG » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:22 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:58 pm
YO3IDG wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 pm
Attached the reworked translation to romanian.
Hi

Ideally we need Romanian versions of the voice prompts and the CPS.

See

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3884&p=30180#p30180

For the data files


With the voice prompts however, this may not be practical becasue the Text To Speech service we use does not list Romanian

https://ttsmp3.com/

Most sites use Amazon Polly as the backend, and AFIK it does not support Romanian either.
But perhaps one of the other voices may be suitable, especially if you use some phonetic codes in the texts.
I'll have a look.

Romanian does have special characters, but I haven't used them in the text translations above, which is acceptable in machine displayed/written text. However, due to space limits (max 16 chars on a row) some text labels have been severally butchered to fit.

YO3IDG
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:01 pm

Re: Localisation support (foreign languages)

Post by YO3IDG » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:21 pm

attaching the romanian voice prompt here as well.

where do I find the CPS translations ?

MOD EDIT: attachement deleted, already posted in another thread.

BH3HAO
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:54 pm

Re: Localisation support (foreign languages)

Post by BH3HAO » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm

I have HAM BG1EUY Chinese DM5R Chinese firmware here, can I expand this Chinese firmware to all machines?

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France

Re: Localisation support (foreign languages)

Post by F1RMB » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:19 pm

YO3IDG wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:21 pm
attaching the romanian voice prompt here as well.

where do I find the CPS translations ?

MOD EDIT: attachement deleted, already posted in another thread.
Install the latest CPS, and in the installation directory, you will find a Languages/CPS/ subdirectory. Use English.xml as a template, and post the translation file here.

Currently Romanian is not supported by the CPS, so you have to replace any other existing language to test it.
Keep the original tag

Code: Select all

<Language Id="xxx" Text="xxxxxx" />
as it is, and select that language from the drop down language menu.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France

Re: Localisation support (foreign languages)

Post by F1RMB » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:21 pm

YO3IDG wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:21 pm
attaching the romanian voice prompt here as well.

where do I find the CPS translations ?

MOD EDIT: attachement deleted, already posted in another thread.
I pre-made a Romanian.xml file (see attachment).
Attachments
Romanian.xml.zip
(12.58 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

VK3KYY
Posts: 7588
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Localisation support (foreign languages)

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:51 pm

BH3HAO wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm
I have HAM BG1EUY Chinese DM5R Chinese firmware here, can I expand this Chinese firmware to all machines?
This has been discussed many time.

Some Chinese hams have attempted this, but they told us it is not practical for many different reasons.

BH3HAO
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:54 pm

Re: Localisation support (foreign languages)

Post by BH3HAO » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:31 pm

固件太大无法上传

Post Reply