TG Filter Question

K8RJL

TG Filter Question

Post by K8RJL » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:05 am

Hi all

I have the 1701 and everything is working great except I can't seem to filter the radio to only listen for the talkgroup on the channel I have the radio parked on. It's stuck in permanent "promiscuous" mode. I have the channels assigned by TG not TG List in the CPS as it seems to be one or the other, can't choose both. I then tried setting the radio to Filter by TG but it then cuts out all audio on all channels. Originally I had channels assigned by TG List and Filtered by that and it didn't work either. What am I missing here?

Thanks for the help.

G4EML

Re: TG Filter Question

Post by G4EML » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:07 am

Setting the TG filter to 'TG' will only receive the currently selected Talkgroup. That sounds like what you need.

Setting the TG filter to TG List will receive any talkgroup in the current TG List but will reject any others. This is similar to the RX Group feature of commercial DMR radios.

The reason you can't program both a contact and a TG list in the CPS is because they are mutually exclusive. Either you wish to use a single fixed contact or you wish to be able to select it from a list. You can't have both.

K8RJL

Re: TG Filter Question

Post by K8RJL » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:13 am

Thank you. I will give it another go. At least I know I am using the feature properly. :)