CPS Dosen"t See the DM1701.bin

OZ1FTG

Re: CPS Dosen"t See the DM1701.bin

Post by OZ1FTG » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:32 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 pm

You don't care about the <ctrl>-t on STM32 platform, as you can't edit the calibration data in the CPS (but directly on the radio instead).
The firmware don't change factory calibration data, but use a copy of it, located elsewhere in the flash, all platforms included.

In the end, both windows ("Calibration" and "OpenGD77 support") get the same data from the radio when backing up.
The important thing is to have all the data, even twice, as calibration is also part of the Flash, but ~one week ago we had the case where
someone make a flash backup that was in fact full of garbage (hence no calibration values), and he flashed back that corrupted data to the radio, triggering a no-go boot error message, without the possibility to restore anything useful.

So, the more the better ;-), even if not used, we never know what could happen.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
OOpzzz - The reason i missed the OpenGD77 Caldata on my DM-1701's was that it wasn't under "Extras" but a menu entry further down .. ;)
And "Ofcourse" i skimped on the YT install video - Since i had already installed on my MD-UV380 - I was an expert now :oops: :oops:

I just took an OpenGD77 Caldata backup on both my 1701's, and corrected my post above to include that.

Yet again Thnx D'

Ohh i haven't updated to Apr-12 CPS/FW yet.
Am i missing out on something good/important - Or am i "unsupported now" since i'm on a "deprecated" version ?? :o :o

F1RMB

Re: CPS Dosen"t See the DM1701.bin

Post by F1RMB » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 pm

OZ1FTG wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:32 pm
F1RMB wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 pm

You don't care about the <ctrl>-t on STM32 platform, as you can't edit the calibration data in the CPS (but directly on the radio instead).
The firmware don't change factory calibration data, but use a copy of it, located elsewhere in the flash, all platforms included.

In the end, both windows ("Calibration" and "OpenGD77 support") get the same data from the radio when backing up.
The important thing is to have all the data, even twice, as calibration is also part of the Flash, but ~one week ago we had the case where
someone make a flash backup that was in fact full of garbage (hence no calibration values), and he flashed back that corrupted data to the radio, triggering a no-go boot error message, without the possibility to restore anything useful.

So, the more the better ;-), even if not used, we never know what could happen.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
OOpzzz - The reason i missed the OpenGD77 Caldata on my DM-1701's was that it wasn't under "Extras" but a menu entry further down .. ;)
And "Ofcourse" i skimped on the YT install video - Since i had already installed on my MD-UV380 - I was an expert now :oops: :oops:

I just took an OpenGD77 Caldata backup on both my 1701's, and corrected my post above to include that.

Yet again Thnx D'

Ohh i haven't updated to Apr-12 CPS/FW yet.
Am i missing out on something good/important - Or am i "unsupported now" since i'm on a "deprecated" version ?? :o :o

I re-enabled the Calibration menu in the CPS a month or two back, as you can backup/restore the data. But it's the same as the buttons in the OpenGD77 support window.
Well, beta FW versions are released from time to time (it's up to you if you want to stick to stable or beta). About the CPS, it's better to stick to latest version.

Cheers.
---
Daniel