Screen space not being used to its full potential

EA7KKK

Screen space not being used to its full potential

Post by EA7KKK » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:03 am

Hello, first of all, congratulations for the work you carry out with this great project.

I am an Anytone (AT878UV) user and have been using the Baofeng DM-1701 with OpenGD77 for a short time.

I wanted to provide a detail for future firmware updates.

It refers to the display on the screen of the data that is shown when we are listening, I see that it has a large screen and the space is not well used, the text of the contact information is displayed with a very small text font on the lower and if we have the equipment 1 meter away it is difficult to read the data.

I understand that this occurs due to the limitation of lines on the screens of other devices that do not have a larger screen.
gd77.jpg
gd77.jpg (6.32 KiB) Viewed 214 times
anytone.jpg
anytone.jpg (14.69 KiB) Viewed 214 times
I don't know the complexity of adapting the code so that the data is displayed as Anytone does, for example:

ID<-CALLSING
NAME
CITY
PROVINCE
COUNTRY
CODE TG CC:01 T2

This way the information can be seen on the screen much more clearly.
Best regards
(Translated with Google Translate)

Spanish:

Hola, antes de nada enhorabuena por el trabajo que lleváis a cabo con este gran proyecto.

Soy usuario de Anytone (AT878UV) y llevo poco tiempo con el Baofeng DM-1701 con OpenGD77.

Quería aportar un detalle para futuras actualizaciones del firmware.

Es referente a la visualización en pantalla de los datos que se muestran cuando estamos escuchando, veo que tiene una pantalla grande y el espacio no está bien aprovechado, el texto de la información de contacto se visualiza con una fuente de texto muy pequeña en la parte inferior y si tenemos el equipo a 1 metro de distancia cuesta trabajo leer los datos.

Entiendo que esto ocurre por la limitación de líneas en las pantallas de los otros equipos que no tienen una pantalla mas grande.

Desconozco la complejidad de adaptar el código para que los datos se mostrasen como los hace por ejemplo Anytone:

ID<-INDICATIVO
NOMBRE
CIUDAD
PROVINCIA
PAIS
CODIGO TG CC:01 T2

Así puede verse en pantalla la información mucho mas clara.