Post by VK3KYY » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:41 am

A new Alpha version is available for the MD-2017/RT-82

downloads/MD2017/Firmware/0f43e6cdffe5c ... c815dbb341

This version ...

* Fixes audio problems
* CSS bugs
* QSO info and notification display problem
* Updates to language translations

Thanks to Daniel F1RMB for fixing all of these problems, also thanks to the various translators

YO3IDG

Re: New Alpha 2024 04 12

Post by YO3IDG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:33 pm

With this version I have problems using dual slot DMR.

On an MMDVM duplex DMR hotspot I always activate TS1 even if I select the channel to use TS2. I also have another channel for the same hotspot but with TS1 enabled, that works on TS1. Frequencies for hotspot are 439MHz on RX and 430MHz on TX.
This behavior is not reproducible on simplex hotspots.

EDIT:
I figured it out, it was because * was pressed, the TS got "fixed" no mater if I changed the channel or rebooted the handy. There was no indication o screen that the TS was different than the TS of the channel.

On simplex DMR there is only one TS so it doesn't matter which number you set.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm

YO3IDG wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:33 pm

On an MMDVM duplex DMR hotspot I always activate TS1 even if I select the channel to use TS2. I also have another channel for the same hotspot but with TS1 enabled, that works on TS1. Frequencies for hotspot are 439MHz on RX and 430MHz on TX.

EDIT:
I figured it out, it was because * was pressed, the TS got "fixed" no mater if I changed the channel or rebooted the handy. There was no indication o screen that the TS was different than the TS of the channel.

Go to Options -> Display options -> and set Info to TS or Both. So, if you override the TS (using '*' key), the TS will be displayed using a bold font.
Also, the dispayed TS (in the header bar), displays the TX Timeslot.

YO3IDG

Post by YO3IDG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:07 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm
YO3IDG wrote:

EDIT:

Go to Options -> Display options -> and set Info to TS or Both. So, if you override the TS (using '*' key), the TS will be displayed using a bold font.
Should it not reset to what the channel is set to if I change the channel or turn off then on the device ?

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:15 pm

YO3IDG wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:07 pm
F1RMB wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm
YO3IDG wrote:

EDIT:

Should it not reset to what the channel is set to if I change the channel or turn off then on the device ?
No. Long press star key clears the override. I suggest you to read the user guide.