Updated OpenGD77-CSV Utility

G4EML

Updated OpenGD77-CSV Utility

Post by G4EML » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:48 pm

I have spent the last few days updating my OpenGD77-CSV utility to fully support the current OpenGD77 releases.

The program and Instructions can be downloaded from https://www.gb3gf.co.uk/Files/OpenGD77-CSV.zip

Updates from the previous version are :-

More error checking to try to prevent crashes. However I am sure it will still crash under some circumstances!

.CSVs now only include items that are used by the firmware. Unused items in the codeplug are no longer included. This simplifies the structure of the files and should make editing easier especially for the channels.csv file which now only has 19 columns.

There is now an option to use comma as the decimal separator in the .csv files. The deliminator between fields has been changed to semi-colon. This should improve use for those countries that do not use the same convention as the UK.

There is a new button to optionally append .csv files to an existing codeplug. Entry names in the .csv file are checked against those in the codeplug. If they are found then the existing entry is replaced with the new one. If they are not found then the new entry is appended to the codeplug.

All matching is done using the names of items so if you see unexpected results check that the names are identical. For example if you rename a channel in Channels.csv then you must also rename it exactly the same in Zones.csv .

Because all operations need to work with a codeplug there is a new button to load a blank one as a starting point. This is the same blank codeplug that is created by the CPS. Note that if you use this to create a new codeplug you will then need to enter your DMR ID and other settings using the CPS.

I have also include an instruction manual with details of the program and .csv file contents. Please read this, it does explain a lot of things.

This new version only supports the current OpenGD77 firmware. It will not work with the manufacturers firmware or the early OpenGD77 with less than 80 channels in a zone.

At the moment the .csv files created by this utility are not compatible with those created by the CPS.

Colin G4EML

Note for Roger, I am also working on a command line version that may be suitable for calling from the CPS.

OE1MWW

Re: Updated OpenGD77-CSV Utility

Post by OE1MWW » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:17 pm

tested - works - Thanks de Wolfgang OE1MWW

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:54 pm

Colin

Thanks.

Command line version would be good, and probable also useful to Linux users via Wine

IU8OGE

Post by IU8OGE » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:48 pm

tested but somethings not work correctly

export work correctly

create a new code plug work correctly

load the new code plug in CPs word correctly

but my test was trying to change some columns value
For example I change colomn power all fields = 5w
column squelch all fields to 20%
timeout = 180 sec
Bandwidth = 25

after exported agains the channels for CPS the result was bugged
Squelch=Tight (failed I suppose CPS changed the value)
Power=Low (failed I suppose CPS changed the value)

timeout = 180 sec (successfull imported)
Bandwidth = 25 (successfull imported)

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:58 pm

Are you using the latest version of the OpenGD77 CPS?
Squelch tight and Power low are the old methods of setting power and are not used by OpenGD77. (I don't think that they have ever been used)
Last edited by G4EML on Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:05 pm

I have now also created a command line version of the utility.
This has the same underlying code without the graphical interface.
Most people will not need this version but it may be useful for automating conversions or calling from another program.

it can be download with instructions from
https://www.gb3gf.co.uk/Files/OpenGD77-CSV_CMD.zip

Colin G4EML
Last edited by G4EML on Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IU8OGE

Post by IU8OGE » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:12 pm

G4EML wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:58 pm
Are you using the latest version of the OpenGD77 CPS?
Squelch tight and Power low are the old methods of setting power and are not used by OpenGD77. (I don't think that they have ever been used)
yes is the last one but I am pretty sure that is a bug in the export channel feature of the cps, because in the codeplug the value are correctly set, but if you use the csv export channel from the last version of cps the valure are set as said before

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:59 pm

The squelch tight and low power bits in the codeplug are not used by the firmware.

The CPS export includes items that are not used. The values of these items are not important and may be set to zero by my utility.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:23 pm

The CPS is exporting the old squelch (tight / narrow) and old power (Low / High)

This will be fixed in the next release

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:01 am

Colin

The link had a character wrong in it so it would not download.

Here is the correct linke

https://www.gb3gf.co.uk/Files/OpenGD77-CSV_CMD.zip

Thanks

Roger