Fra0hf

Sensibilite ananlogique

Post by Fra0hf » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:51 pm

Bonjour, à tous
je suis possesseur d'un gd77 modifier avec le firm opengd77
je trouve que la sensibilité en analogique est moins bien q'avant le flash
par rapport à l'origine.
est ce moi qui me fait des idées, c'est mon deuxieme gd77
j'attends des retours concernant mon default .
Cordialement
gil

m1dyp

Re: Sensibilite ananlogique

Post by m1dyp » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:30 pm

google translate........

Good morning all
I own a gd77 modify with the firm opengd77
I find that the sensitivity in analog is less good than before the flash
relative to the origin.
is it me who gives me ideas, this is my second gd77
I am waiting for feedback on my default.
cordially
gil

Fra0hf

Post by Fra0hf » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:16 pm

Hello, everyone I own a gd77 modifier with the opengd77 cabinet I find that the sensitivity in analog is less than before the flash compared to the origin. it’s me who gives me ideas, it’s my second gd77 I am waiting for feedback on my fault. Regards gil

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:27 pm

Fra0hf wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:16 pm
Hello, everyone I own a gd77 modifier with the opengd77 cabinet I find that the sensitivity in analog is less than before the flash compared to the origin. it’s me who gives me ideas, it’s my second gd77 I am waiting for feedback on my fault. Regards gil
How did you measure the sensitivity of the official firmware ?
What sensitivity in dbm did you observe for both firmware version?
What test equipment were you using?

EB3AM

Post by EB3AM » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:50 am

Hello,
through my hands have passed about 20 radioditty GD77 from many colleagues who have wanted this radio with OpenGD77 firmware.
I don’t have sophisticated gadgets. A Chinese RF generator, and checking the usual signal of the FM repeaters in the area.

Whenever I change the firmware to a radio I check with the RF generator the squelch level in CTCSS and without, in order to check if it works well. Always in analog.

Well so far no device has given me any strange values. There are a few DBs of difference between the level of response with or without CTCSS, but this is normal, and happens in all receptors, not just in this model.

What is true is that with the CTCSS activated, and in motion, especially in UHF where fadding is very pronounced, you can find that the receiver closes the squelch faster. This gives the feeling that you have less RX. Some time ago, someone on this forum already commented, and it was easily curable by increasing the time before doing this squelch. What is not known is whether it was implemented in the firmware.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:53 am

The CTCSS squelch timeout was recently increased by more than double, but its still possible to cause breakup on the audio if the Rx signal is highly deviated or probably over deviated

EB3AM

Post by EB3AM » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:02 am

Ok
Now we have been in confinement for a few days and I have not been able to see the operation of the latest firmware versions while driving.

If there is no news, next week we will move again and I will be able to listen to the usual repeaters and check if the squelch has improved.

Thanks Roger!

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:09 am

EB3AM wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:02 am
Ok
Now we have been in confinement for a few days and I have not been able to see the operation of the latest firmware versions while driving.

If there is no news, next week we will move again and I will be able to listen to the usual repeaters and check if the squelch has improved.

Thanks Roger!
OK

Its not perfect, but it is a little better.

Ik0nwg did some tests and confirmed it was better now, and in normal operation the squelch does not close